Replacement Brake Rotors For 92Ls400

fsuguy

Hi listers,

I think my front brake rotors are in need of replacement - let my brake pads wear out to where metal on metal occurred, and possibly the rotors warped. Now there is a heck of a lot of shuddering and thumping if I ease on the brakes, but not when I suddenly and forcibly step on them.

Question is does anyone in here have a preference for any alternative rotors beside Toyota ($135.00 each!). I have heard of Bembro, but don't have any experience with them and thought perhaps someone in here would have better knowledge and experience.

PS: I only use the ceramic brake pads (and plan on continuing to do so) so that I wouldn't have to go through this process, but...

Thanks in Advance

fsuguy

brembo are great rotors and about half the price. You can get super cheap ones on ebay, but the metal quality is a little sketchy. I have a front set of cross drilled and slotted rotors for a 90-92, I dont remember what bran, but they are of good quality. I can ship to you for $75. If you dont every drive supper agressivly you dont need cross drilled and slotted rotors though. I call my car the LF400A. Stick with a brand name. You can go to an auto parts store and get two steps up from the cheapest and you will have no problems.

I posted this same question a few months back. I was going to go with the Brembo blanks and I could not find them for the 91-92. Even when a website said they had them when I went to order they didn't have them in stock. I ended up with R1 concepts drilled/slotted (which I read where cut from centric blanks?) and they made a huge improvement.

$75 shipped doesn't sound too bad.

KillerFatty and LA1,

Thank you for the info. KillerFatty, I will take the two you have off your hands for the $75.0 if you still want to part with them(?) Let me know how to get you the $$. You can send me an e-mail.

Thanks again.

Fsuguy