Plz Read & Respond - Rx 330 Whinning Noise

mikjr

Hello... I see that KEVIN has posted a note on the forum, but has not received any comments or replys. We have been in contact regarding our similar issues. I am reposting my problem in hopes someone will respond. I have also posted on the ClubLexus Forum site. Below is my issue, please take the time to read.

Well... it's been a while since I posted my first complaint about the ever present WHINNING noise coming from my 2004 RX 330 on deceleration between 50 and 40 mph. (I've now started hearing a POPPING noise also)

I received a few responses but not many. I had one person reply, he had NO noise, and Ireceived one reply from someone experiencing the SAME noise.

At the 5,000 mile check up, I complained to the service associate about the sound. When I went to pick up the car... the service associate said that the "serviceman" did not hear noise. SO... I asked the Service associate to get in the car and go for a drive. We didn't drive far when we hit 50 mph and slowed down... and of course the NOISE sounded out right on schedule!! He turned to me and said... "gee, that doesn't sound right"

He went on to say that he would discuss with the "service supervisor" the next day... he called in a couple of days stating that they were going to order some kind of "sound insulation" for the trans/rear end. That was a month ago, and I'm still waiting!! Called them last week, and they told me the part is not in...

There is OBVIOUSLY something wrong with the design of the RX 330, that it makes this sound. It is NOT the kind of sound you expect out of a $40,000 car. I have a 2001 FORD TAURUS, that doesn't make that much noise.

I would REALLY like to hear from other RX 330 owners on this issue... how many HAVE heard the same sound... and how many HAVE NOT heard the sound. Please take the time to respond. If I get no response from my LEXUS DEALER on this issue, I will write the So. California district/division office, and i'd like to have some other commments.

Thanks

Mike Aversa

maversa@mindspring.com

i don;t own one so i can;t say much

but have you driven another dealer vehicle that has the same problem?

and don;t compare a first year lexus to an average taurus your problem is comprimised of 2 systems the am and the cruise to not co exist perfectly but both still work

unile first year fords that break crankshafts and other major problems or that nature

one other question is does the vehicle have the laser guided cruise control or the normal one ?

Hello... I see that KEVIN has posted a note on the forum, but has not received any comments or replys. We have been in contact regarding our similar issues. I am reposting my problem in hopes someone will respond. I have also posted on the ClubLexus Forum site. Below is my issue, please take the time to read.

Well... it's been a while since I posted my first complaint about the ever present WHINNING noise coming from my 2004 RX 330 on deceleration between 50 and 40 mph. (I've now started hearing a POPPING noise also)

I received a few responses but not many. I had one person reply, he had NO noise, and Ireceived one reply from someone experiencing the SAME noise.

At the 5,000 mile check up, I complained to the service associate about the sound. When I went to pick up the car... the service associate said that the "serviceman" did not hear noise. SO... I asked the Service associate to get in the car and go for a drive. We didn't drive far when we hit 50 mph and slowed down... and of course the NOISE sounded out right on schedule!! He turned to me and said... "gee, that doesn't sound right"

He went on to say that he would discuss with the "service supervisor" the next day... he called in a couple of days stating that they were going to order some kind of "sound insulation" for the trans/rear end. That was a month ago, and I'm still waiting!! Called them last week, and they told me the part is not in...

There is OBVIOUSLY something wrong with the design of the RX 330, that it makes this sound. It is NOT the kind of sound you expect out of a $40,000 car. I have a 2001 FORD TAURUS, that doesn't make that much noise.

I would REALLY like to hear from other RX 330 owners on this issue... how many HAVE heard the same sound... and how many HAVE NOT heard the sound. Please take the time to respond. If I get no response from my LEXUS DEALER on this issue, I will write the So. California district/division office, and i'd like to have some other commments.

Thanks

Mike Aversa

maversa@mindspring.com

I purchase the rx330 in April 2003 and I have taken the vehicle into Lexus service several times for this issue. The moise occurs whenthe car is idleing or upon decelertion. The dealership acknowledged other customer complaints regarding this issue. They also stated that Lexus has replacement parts available which should resolve this issue. My parts have been on order since November 2003. A partial shipment of parts has arrived (2 of the 4 fuel injector clips). There is also a transmission line issue that requires replacement due to insulation issues which apparently causes some of this whining noise as well.

Well... at least your dealer admits there is a problem. The FIRST Service Associate I spoke with at my dealership (LEXUS OF MISSION VIEJO, CA) said that the sound was NORMAL... what a joke!! Did he think I was going to believe that??

The second time I took it in, I requested a differest Serice person... and he took a ride, and heared the sound, and admitted that it was not right.