Appreciate Help - 92 Ls400 Steering Rack Solenoid Screen

Pwilk17

Hi - I would really appreciate it if someone could offer me some assistance. I have a 92 Lexus LS400. I have read the forums regarding cleaning of the steering rack solenoid screen. My mechanic went to clean my gunked up screen and told me there is a hole in the screen. I managed to purchase an entire used steering rack for my LS400 and the solenoid screen in the new used rack also has a hole in it. Can anyone please tell me where I can obtain a replacment screen withut having to buy another rack. Thank you - really appreciate this!

I think it is in one of these two kits:

GASKET KIT, POWER STEERING GEAR (FOR RACK & PINION) Lexus PN 04445-50040

or in this kit

GASKET KIT, POWER STEERING CONTROL VALVE OVERHAUL Lexus PN 04455-50040

Probably have to go to dealer for these.....

I went though this years ago. As I recall you can't get a replacement. It is like trying to get the solenoid. Look though my past posts. I did a major thing on PS, etc. I put an in-line filter into the return line going into the pump. Almost every screen on the valve gets a hole in it when cleaned. On of the suck of life facts. Autozone sells a thin round filter by Cardon??? Just ad a length of hose and slip it in. Then it is easiest to get to and clean. Helps to keep the dirt out of the pump and keeps you from having to clean the pump screen.