Key Fob Programming

vrisi

I lost one of my fobs and was going to purchase one from e-bay. I asked my dealer about it and they said they would not be able to program it unless it was new (not programmed previously to another car). The seller (midwestkeyless) said I need to find someone that can reset the immobilizer. Does anyone have any more information on reprogramming fobs?

• 1 month later...

I lost one of my fobs and was going to purchase one from e-bay. I asked my dealer about it and they said they would not be able to program it unless it was new (not programmed previously to another car). The seller (midwestkeyless) said I need to find someone that can reset the immobilizer. Does anyone have any more information on reprogramming fobs?

A key fob that is already programmed to another vehicle can be reprogrammed by your dealer, however there is usually an additional labor charge for this type of programming as it requires a reseed procedure and programming of all vehicle keys. The reseed is what is done in the event that all vehicle keys are lost. This can only be performed by your dealer after verifying ownership. North America is the only region this service is even available, the rest of the world has to buy an engine computer, and the keys if they are lost.