Temp Control Section In Dash Nothing Works

Hello, I'm a relatively new owner of a SC 400 1996. I love this car. Someone had taken extremely good car of this one. Today the Temp control section of the dash went out. Nothing works in that section, no led ac light fan etc. The sound section of the dash is fine. The cigarette lighter seems to have gone out about the same time. I'm not sure if they are related. Like I said I'm new to this car. I am waiting for a complete wiring shop manuel for this car but I'm ready to dive in now. I checked all the regular fuses under the hood I found one blown but fixing it did not fix either of these problems. Can anyone tell me if this is a fuse or relay or what it might be and where and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

mmm..cake...Take off the covering around the temp control unit its all one piece connected around the shifter too and some screws hold it down in that area but there are just clips holding it in place around the temp control unit just take a flat head screw driver and pop that part off but be careful not to damage that thing (you will throw off the feung shuei in your car) check to make sure no connections in the back came loose then go from there with the wiring diagrams your waiting on...mmm...peach cobblar

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest you check your fuses again. The same fuse powers the cigarette lighter and the HVAC controls. Most likely something has fallen down into the lighter socket and shorted it out. Check that first. If the fuse blows again (even after making sure the lighter is clear) your lighter socket could be bad also. You may need to disconnect it to diagnose the problem.

Tom

i to have the same problem... i have replaced all the fuses, made sure the lighter was clear, checked all connections and still nothing... any ideas without taking it to a shop? i dont feel like having a huge bill for a simple fix i could have done...

• 3 weeks later...