Flapping Noise Between Drivers A And C Pillars

richardrichss

Recently I have had a noise between the A and C pillars. It sounds like a flapping noise, and I thought it was due to the rear A/C at first, but it doesn't matter if I am running A/C, windows up or down, or what speed I am driving. It does happen only when I am driving, but I can't seem to find where wind would be getting into something, if that is what's happening. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Recently I have had a noise between the A and C pillars. It sounds like a flapping noise, and I thought it was due to the rear A/C at first, but it doesn't matter if I am running A/C, windows up or down, or what speed I am driving. It does happen only when I am driving, but I can't seem to find where wind would be getting into something, if that is what's happening. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

After tapping, slapping and nearly hitting everything to try and find something loose, I tried something different. I adjusted the front rail on the roof rack. I moved the drivers side forward a little, and the pass side back a little. I then tightened them up as tight as I could with my hand. The result, no more flapping noises. The rail is no longer adjusted straight, but it is off so little that you can't notice from the ground. And I am no longer irritated.