Steering Wheel Clock Spring

bamajamma

I have a RX 300, 2001, with about 120000 on it. The steering wheel clock spring makes a noise whenever I turn the wheel sharp left or right. How serious is this and will the air bag work properly?

Also, recently "check engine light" came on. Went to Autozone to find code of P1150 with something to do with air/fuel ration sensor. Had strange things going on like drivers window would do down a little when you pressed the button, but when you pressed for it to go up it would do down and stay awhile? Ideas? The light did go out a few days later and things started working properly again.

I have a RX 300, 2001, with about 120000 on it. The steering wheel clock spring makes a noise whenever I turn the wheel sharp left or right. How serious is this and will the air bag work properly?

Also, recently "check engine light" came on. Went to Autozone to find code of P1150 with something to do with air/fuel ration sensor. Had strange things going on like drivers window would do down a little when you pressed the button, but when you pressed for it to go up it would do down and stay awhile? Ideas? The light did go out a few days later and things started working properly again.

The window issue and the P1150 code have been discussed here many, many times. Please do a search. You won't be disappointed!

And, I too have a '01 RX-300 and I never heard of the steering wheel having a "clock spring". What does that mean??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockspring

Very common on these cars. My sprio cable has been replcaed 2x before 60k miles. Not likely to hurt anything or make anything malfunction. But, before doing anything else, try lubing the boot at the firewall and see if that makes it go away.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-first-generation/164844-steering-wheel-squeak-squeal.html

• 2 weeks later...