2006 Is 250 Mt - Questions

I bought a 2006 MT IS 250 about a month ago and I hear a rumbling noise when driving slow on first gear, I thought there was something wrong with the clutch or some thing was loose so took it to the dealer ship. They checked it out and told me there was nothing wrong with it. I make sure to not let go of the clutch till the RPM is at least 2 on the first gear and I don’t hear that noise anymore. Is this normal?

I had another question for the MT owners of IS250, what is the optimal RPM to change gear to save gas? Is it 3?

Also if I change every gear at 3RPM, I get to the 6th gear by 120 KM/H. Is that normal? I am a newbie to Lexus IS250 and this is my first manual Car since high school (about 8 years).

If there’s a link to all of the FAQ regarding IS250 MT, can some one please direct me to it?

Thanks ahead for the responses.

I bought a 2006 MT IS 250 about a month ago and I hear a rumbling noise when driving slow on first gear, I thought there was something wrong with the clutch or some thing was loose so took it to the dealer ship. They checked it out and told me there was nothing wrong with it. I make sure to not let go of the clutch till the RPM is at least 2 on the first gear and I don’t hear that noise anymore. Is this normal?

I had another question for the MT owners of IS250, what is the optimal RPM to change gear to save gas? Is it 3?

Also if I change every gear at 3RPM, I get to the 6th gear by 120 KM/H. Is that normal? I am a newbie to Lexus IS250 and this is my first manual Car since high school (about 8 years).

If there’s a link to all of the FAQ regarding IS250 MT, can some one please direct me to it?

i dont know what the sound is mate but, my 07 250 MT like 3k as well (for eco) and in 6th im at around 120 km/h (if i remember that's what ~55 mph right?). and i dont have a link. sorry i cant help more, or any really lol.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know what the sound is mate but, my 07 250 MT like 3k as well (for eco) and in 6th im at around 120 km/h (if i remember that's what ~55 mph right?). and i dont have a link. sorry i cant help more, or any really lol.

I was driving on the highway couple of days ago and when i went from 6th gear to neutral, the clutch went in and didnt have the same force comming out. I couldn't change to any gears afterwards. Had to pull over and tow my car about 150 KM to my house. Extremely frustrated with the car. I am not sure what is wrong with it, i think it's probably the clutch. Lexus wants to charge me 150 dollars an hour to diagnose the problem. I need to pay inorder to tow the car there. I only have powertrain warranty left and i am not sure if this issue will be covered by the warranty. If i have to change the clutch, i'll rather do it at the local mechanic shop than Lexus dealer ship.

Any suggestions??? I had the car for about a month, didn't buy it from the lexus dealership. I bought it from a private dealership, Bay Auto Zone in Toronto, Canada. I checked with them and they were not very helpful, they told me to get the problem diagnosed at Lexus, to see if the probles is covered under warranty. Currently I am 81 K, and the car is 06 MT.