Roger K

Hi all. Newbee here. I'm interested in purchasing a Lexus. We were looking at the used AWD model and not sure I need / want to pay the premium for the awd. Also looking at the ES 350, new. I've never had a vehicle with on board navigation and not sure if I want to pay the price for that either. It is nice and certainly convienent but I was wondering other than navigation what other functions link through it that one might find useful or convienent.

Thanks all in advance.

Roger in New Jersey

Hi all. Newbee here. I'm interested in purchasing a Lexus. We were looking at the used AWD model and not sure I need / want to pay the premium for the awd. Also looking at the ES 350, new. I've never had a vehicle with on board navigation and not sure if I want to pay the price for that either. It is nice and certainly convienent but I was wondering other than navigation what other functions link through it that one might find useful or convienent.

Thanks all in advance.

Roger in New Jersey

Just briefly, the navigation screen gives you true "touch screen" control of your audio, climate control, navigation, points of intrest such as nearest Chinese, Italian, etc. resturaunt. as well as voice command to change channels, raise/lower temp. and about a 2 inch thick owners manual that comes with it.

Paul

Thanks all in advance.

Roger in New Jersey

Just briefly, the navigation screen gives you true "touch screen" control of your audio, climate control, navigation, points of intrest such as nearest Chinese, Italian, etc. resturaunt. as well as voice command to change channels, raise/lower temp. and about a 2 inch thick owners manual that comes with it.

Paul

What I'm trying to say is, it does a great deal. That is why you need the thick manual. It is fully integrated with the ES systems whereas my Garmin is not. Both navigate well. The Lexus nav just does more. Did I mention the back-up camera on screen.

Paul

I think the nav is worth he extra money. The past 3 cars I have had have had the nav system and I am not sure of I would buy another new car without it. As Paul said there are other benefits you get with the nav system too.