Default Engine Check Light/vsc On/code P0355

Hi-

I have 07 RX350 with 75k miles. We bought this car 3 months ago and it is our first Lexus. Car was working great until engine light check came on with VSC.

I have checked gas cap and it is tight. I went to Autozone and scanner shows code P0355 Primary/Secondary E Coil. Car is running fine but some time feels some jerkiness.

My question is what else can I do beside taking it to a dealer? called local mechanic and he told me that coil is in the back and labor would be worth replacing 3 coils. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Is this something I can change? I am no pro but can do many things around the house

Thanks again for your time and help!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Friend, I don't have the answer, but wanted to validate the symptoms your RX is having.....mine is doing the EXACT same thing. Vehicle is '07 RX-350 , 76k miles, has " VSC, Traction Off, and Check Engine" light.....also idling a little rough with a slight "missfire" ??? It just started a couple days ago. If you have found the solution, I would love to know what you came up with...Thanks and Best of luck

same thing on mine , under waranty so I took it in, dealer told me the gas tank fill tube gets a crimp or some such and needed replaced. Did that and problem went away

• 2 weeks later...

Wife called me just now... Same problem...Check Engine/VSC/Trac Off. So strange. This has been a great car for us, a true work horse so to speak with the amount of driving/kid and grocery hauling we do, will schedule an appointment with Lexus today and see what the problem is. Will update the forum (for anyone interested) when I hear back. ps, ours has about 48K miles...

Hi,

I have had the same problem 3 times already. I got the extended warranty so I took it to the dealer. Every time it was a engine coil that had to be replaced. I drive my rx about 150 miles a day so it gets abused. It costs about $400 plus to replace.

• 3 weeks later...

Wife called me just now... Same problem...Check Engine/VSC/Trac Off. So strange. This has been a great car for us, a true work horse so to speak with the amount of driving/kid and grocery hauling we do, will schedule an appointment with Lexus today and see what the problem is. Will update the forum (for anyone interested) when I hear back. ps, ours has about 48K miles...

***Follow up: it was ignition coil #5 that had failed.... dealer fixed under extended warranty. problem is gone, car is back to its 'before' power.***