Yoko's Or Michelin's?

Barkley

I recently purchased a 2007 ES350 (ill try to attach a photo). I had a set of 225/45/18 on my 2003 ES 300 that i put on the new ES. I didnt put the 18's on the car until after maybe a week or so of driving on the stock rims and tires, which were very smooth. I purchased a new set of Yokohama Avid Envigor's 225/45/18) but the ride is rough and i feel every nook and cranny on the road. Im going to put the stock rims back on the car, but i was wondering if anyone could share their Yokohama Avid Envigor experience. I've read the many posts praising the Michelin Primacy so im trying to decide between the two. Any help is much appreciated.

post-30398-128587499573_thumb.jpg

Noooo DC !! tongue.gif

going against the grain i'de say yoko from experience. has some (before some clown stole them when they were in storage) on my old ES and i loved them.

I was using summer only though. I detest all season tires. This, i think makes a massive difference. (also in quebec here... need pure winters, so it's kinda dumb buying all seasons and not pure summers)

But considering i love the oem look and dont go putting 18 anything.. on anything... i guess you really cant use my comment as a springboard for advice lol. I was running 16"s on stock lexus rims from another model. That probably is why i loved the yoko's in the end. i felt they were cushy at 16 and i also enjoyed the sticky grip they offered, yeah I will say that. i found them to be a lot stickier than a few other brands. i like sticky tongue.gif

EDIT: true though, the Michelin Primacy tires are very good. not gonna knock them. but if someone was giving me a choice, in my fav classic size and can only pick one.. i would still choose the yoko's haha.

Noooo DC !! tongue.gif

going against the grain i'de say yoko from experience. has some (before some clown stole them when they were in storage) on my old ES and i loved them.

I was using summer only though. I detest all season tires. This, i think makes a massive difference. (also in quebec here... need pure winters, so it's kinda dumb buying all seasons and not pure summers)

But considering i love the oem look and dont go putting 18 anything.. on anything... i guess you really cant use my comment as a springboard for advice lol. I was running 16"s on stock lexus rims from another model. That probably is why i loved the yoko's in the end. i felt they were cushy at 16 and i also enjoyed the sticky grip they offered, yeah I will say that. i found them to be a lot stickier than a few other brands. i like sticky tongue.gif

Thank you both for your advice. I agree with not putting 18's on an ES. I see many luxury vehicles with low profile tires and huge rims, i dont see how anyone can enjoy such a harsh ride in a luxury vehicle - a sports car is a different story.

EDIT: true though, the Michelin Primacy tires are very good. not gonna knock them. but if someone was giving me a choice, in my fav classic size and can only pick one.. i would still choose the yoko's haha.

I've had my Primacy's for about 10 months and 6+k miles. I am just as happy as the day I got them. They are amazing and I am a bit of a tire snob. You can't go wrong with the Primacy's. My Lexus dealer matched the price of Sears to gain my business. Very nice tire experience all around.

I recently purchased a 2007 ES350 (ill try to attach a photo). I had a set of 225/45/18 on my 2003 ES 300 that i put on the new ES. I didnt put the 18's on the car until after maybe a week or so of driving on the stock rims and tires, which were very smooth. I purchased a new set of Yokohama Avid Envigor's 225/45/18) but the ride is rough and i feel every nook and cranny on the road. Im going to put the stock rims back on the car, but i was wondering if anyone could share their Yokohama Avid Envigor experience. I've read the many posts praising the Michelin Primacy so im trying to decide between the two. Any help is much appreciated.

All I can tell you is I bought a 2010. I had them take off the brand new Bridgestones and put on the Michelin Primacys from my 05 ES.

Paul

Yoko makes some good tires, but they don't make anything comparable to the Primacy MXV4 in the same sizes and speed ratings. The only tire I would buy for that car is the Michelin.

Thank you all for your comments. i ordered the Primacy's on Friday and im looking forward to a smoother ride.

SW, you and Stevie J actually helped me pick out the rims you see on the white car back in 2005...or maybe 2006 - I havent been on this site in a while though. im glad the site is still up because ive learned so much about the ES reading all the posts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Looks like this post came just in time. Its time to change my tires and I seem to have the same confusion. Yoko's or Michelin's. I see Barkley went with the Michelin's and I think that is going to be my choice as well. Just wanted to know one thing... Were all the Michelin's referred to above the Michelin Primacy MXV4 (215/55R-17 94H RRBL) H Rated tires or the Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 (P215/55R17 93V BMW B ) V rated tires?

Thanks in advance.

Michelin and Bridgestone Stink PERIOD !!!

Bold statement...and not true.

The tires are the Primacy MXV4, the MXV4 S8 is a different tire, much more expensive and not as highly rated, the S8 is the OEM tire on the car alongside the Bridgestone Turanza.

The Turanzas aren't bad, but the Primacy MXV4 is THE tire for the ES...I've had a lot of tires on ES cars and the Michelin is my top pick.