Ls430 Air Bags Deployed

twan0629

I just brought a 2006 LS430 Ultra with all the back seat options on 9/23/10...well on 9/25/10 a guy failed to yeild and hit me head on the airbags deployed (steering wheel and knee airbags)!!! My question is will the insurance company deem it totaled?

I just brought a 2006 LS430 Ultra with all the back seat options on 9/23/10...well on 9/25/10 a guy failed to yeild and hit me head on the airbags deployed (steering wheel and knee airbags)!!! My question is will the insurance company deem it totaled?

Please post a pic of the damage. And mileage/condition before the accident. No way to tell for sure until it goes to a shop. However, if it got hit hard enough to deploy the airbags and mileage is high, chances are good that the damage is very close to the actual value of the car.

I was in a front collision just this spring with my 98 LS400. The airbags did NOT deploy possibly because it was not straight on but on the front drivers side. Still, the LS was totaled at an estimated $14k to repair. Check out this post for details -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63598&st=0&p=406142&hl=ouch&fromsearch=1entry406142

I was in a front collision just this spring with my 98 LS400. The airbags did NOT deploy possibly because it was not straight on but on the front drivers side. Still, the LS was totaled at an estimated $14k to repair. Check out this post for details -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63598&st=0&p=406142&hl=ouch&fromsearch=1entry406142

Hi Landar...... I just put your old struts on my 99, I used poly bushings, might have been a mistake, I (think)notice it hits things harder now (more firm).. time will tell..

give me a comparison 98LS to a 430 likes and dislikes.. here or pm

Hi Landar...... I just put your old struts on my 99, I used poly bushings, might have been a mistake, I (think)notice it hits things harder now (more firm).. time will tell..

give me a comparison 98LS to a 430 likes and dislikes.. here or pm

The 98 LS to 02 LS430 comparison is easy. I like the chiseled looks of the 98 better. And thats it. Everything else is better on the LS430, hands down. Better ride, quieter, more refined, more standard toys. All IMO, of course.