New Lex Joins The Stable

landar

I just bought the 92 LS400 that dcfish had listed -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57178&st=0&p=368205&hl=ls400&fromsearch=1entry368205

Three LS's in as many years. I think I am falling into the "obsessed" category.

This Indiana boy is currently in a hotel room in Vegas (Baby!), doing some sight seeing and getting ready to point that Lex back to South Bend, IN.

My teenage son came along for the adventure and to help drive. I am just adding a second Lexus to the family car pool and will continue to use my '02 LS430 as primary transport.

Not too many nut-jobs like me to travel 1800 miles to buy a car but I wanted a rust-free and nice automobile. And thats what I got. BTW, we took a one way Allegiant Air jet ride (3 hours) directly from Indiana to Vegas for $90 each, got a rental car and started the car search. Lots of rust-free cars out here in the desert SW. We got this LS in Lake Havasu, Az about a 3 hr drive from Vegas.

Gonna get an oil change here then start heading home on Friday (I70 most all the way). Wish me luck!!

I just bought the 92 LS400 that dcfish had listed -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57178&st=0&p=368205&hl=ls400&fromsearch=1entry368205

Three LS's in as many years. I think I am falling into the "obsessed" category.

This Indiana boy is currently in a hotel room in Vegas (Baby!), doing some sight seeing and getting ready to point that Lex back to South Bend, IN.

My teenage son came along for the adventure and to help drive. I am just adding a second Lexus to the family car pool and will continue to use my '02 LS430 as primary transport.

Not too many nut-jobs like me to travel 1800 miles to buy a car but I wanted a rust-free and nice automobile. And thats what I got. BTW, we took a one way Allegiant Air jet ride (3 hours) directly from Indiana to Vegas for $90 each, got a rental car and started the car search. Lots of rust-free cars out here in the desert SW. We got this LS in Lake Havasu, Az about a 3 hr drive from Vegas.

Gonna get an oil change here then start heading home on Friday (I70 most all the way). Wish me luck!!

You got a SWEET Ride! :cheers:

Whew. What a trip. Back home again...in Indiana!

We (my 19 yr old son and I) made the 2,000 mile trip from Lake Havasu City, AZ to South Bend, IN. Left Friday morning and got back Sunday evening. The LS didnt miss a beat and ran like a well oiled clock(tick, tick, tick from the tappets...gotta adjust/shim the value clearance sometime :rolleyes: )

The ride was comfy but I am glad to be home. Got to see the Grand Canyon, Hoover dam, Vegas AND pick up a vintage LS at the same time. And drive back through Utah, the Rockies..beautiful. Like I said, not too many crazy's like me! But this car is rust-free, something you don't find around here very often. This is one sweet LS and I can't wait to do a complete detailing on it. Will post pics when done. Maybe have more of a write-up of what I have done to it, issues found, etc, if anyone is interested.

Here's a pic of the Lex sitting in the parking lot of "Pawn Stars" in Vegas (if you dont know about the TV show, tune in sometime).

Let's see, do I want to pawn it or sell it!? :whistles:

And another pic in the Utah desert off of I70.

post-41820-128615761291_thumb.jpg

post-41820-128615776994_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the Lex sitting in the parking lot of "Pawn Stars" in Vegas (if you dont know about the TV show, tune in sometime).

Let's see, do I want to pawn it or sell it!? whistling1.gif

And another pic in the Utah desert off of I70.

Nice pic's cheers.gif Looks like a fun tripcool.gif