Reverse Sensor Display In Prestige?

Hey guys, just had a question about the reverse parking sensor display.

I've seen inside the is250 manual that a display pops up showing the sensors are active. Just a couple of questions:

1. Is this display in the "NAV" unit, or in the little screen between the speedometer (since the picture in the manual makes it look like the sensor is in the latter)

2. Does this display pop up for everyone with reverse parking sensors (lexus fitted)? (i'm just asking because i have reverse parking sensors, and i don't have the display when i reverse)

3. Is there a way to tell if my reverse parking sensors are lexus fitted?

I bought my beloved IS250 Prestige second hand, came with lexus sunroof, aftermarket HID, and these reverse parking sensors which don't have the display.

Cheers.

Twisties

Hey guys, just had a question about the reverse parking sensor display.

I've seen inside the is250 manual that a display pops up showing the sensors are active. Just a couple of questions:

1. Is this display in the "NAV" unit, or in the little screen between the speedometer (since the picture in the manual makes it look like the sensor is in the latter)

2. Does this display pop up for everyone with reverse parking sensors (lexus fitted)? (i'm just asking because i have reverse parking sensors, and i don't have the display when i reverse)

3. Is there a way to tell if my reverse parking sensors are lexus fitted?

I bought my beloved IS250 Prestige second hand, came with lexus sunroof, aftermarket HID, and these reverse parking sensors which don't have the display.

Cheers.

Twisties

I can't answer your question specifically, but I can tell you what my rear parking sensors do. My car: 2010, ES350/NAV & rear and front parking sensors.

When in reverse, and a target is detected, a diagram shows up in the space between the speedometer and tach. There is also a small diagram that shows in the upper right hand corner of the NAV screen. The same is true when the front sensors are engaged. I don't know if these features are specific to the 2010 model or not.

In some GM cars, there is no screen but just an audible beep that increases the closer you get to the target.

Do you have a dealer close by you can ask?

Paul

Lexus cars sold in North America are often quite different than those sold in the rest of the world. Assuming the "melbourne" in your location means Australia, your car may have the Lexus Parking Aid 400 (LPA 400) which has sensors only on the rear of the car and only a beeper instead of a display. There is also a Lexus Parking Aid 800 which has sensors on both the front and back of the car.

I do not know if either LPA product was ever factory installed. As of today, there are both owners manuals and detailed installation instructions for installing the products into the IS250/220d for both LPA products at http://www.lexus-tech.eu under "Accessory Installation Manuals". You might be able to compare the parking aid system on your car to the information on the previously mentioned website to determine if your parking aid system is from Toyota/Lexus.