Outside Temperature Sensor

RStalls

• 1 month later...

My outside temperature always shows about 10 degrees cooler than the actual outside temperature. Does anyone know if there is a dealer fix.

The outside temperature display has a built in delay type feature that acts like a dampener for all the quick changes in air temperature that occur

while driving at highway speeds. Anyone who has ever been on a motorcyle can attest to this phenomenon. There is likely nothing wrong with your car, just designed to give a smooth readout instead of a temperature reading that changes every few seconds.

My outside temperature always shows about 10 degrees cooler than the actual outside temperature. Does anyone know if there is a dealer fix.

The outside temperature display has a built in delay type feature that acts like a dampener for all the quick changes in air temperature that occur

while driving at highway speeds. Anyone who has ever been on a motorcyle can attest to this phenomenon. There is likely nothing wrong with your car, just designed to give a smooth readout instead of a temperature reading that changes every few seconds.

Mine is off 2 degrees F and that of a previous RX300 was off the same amount. I could live with it. But not with 10 degrees. If your car is under warranty, I would ask for the dealer to replace the sensor or adjust the system.

My outside temperature always shows about 10 degrees cooler than the actual outside temperature. Does anyone know if there is a dealer fix

If your readout is ALWAYS 10 degrees cooler, you definately have a problem. It is normal to have a small variance when you first start out after the car has sat in a parking lot in the sun for a half hour or so, but after ten minutes of driving the reading will come back down to normal. To read low consistantly makes no sense. See your dealer. If your in warranty, your cost is zero. If not, at least they can diagnose the problem and give you an estimate.

Paul