How Does One Unload The Dvd Nav Disk In A 2008 Rx 400H?

. . . could use a little help from the experts. i have an '08 rx 400h and recently bought a gen 5 nav update disk from the dealer. the problem is ejecting the currently loaded disk from the dvd reader located behind the rear seat. this one seems to be a bit different than others i've read about. there is no button or switch on the dvd reader faceplate.

i had asked a lexus mechanic about it while at the dealership and after he tried to feel around for that button / slide on the unit, he commented that this one had to be ejected from the display. regrettably, he said no more.

well, i've looked everywhere - read the maunal and can not find an interface on the screen to eject the disk. per this forum, i found a pdf from sewell's but it did not appear to have this type of dvd nav reader listed. any help would really be appreciated.

I replaced mine recently, and there is a switch on the DVD drive itself. I think there may have been some kind of sliding cover to get to the eject button, and the accessory power must be on to eject and replace the disc.

See post #14 in this thread. Too bad you didn't find that thread first. I got the Gen 5 update disc for $60.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-second-generation/524479-updating-navigation-system.html

been there saw that one but thanks. this one is very different. again. the lexus mechanic couldn't find it!! now i've read some posts that describe that slider as being on top. i'll check that out later but if i recall that would be a very tight fit.

could he be mistaken? course. but right now i'm losing hair.

thanks, again.

I replaced mine recently, and there is a switch on the DVD drive itself. I think there may have been some kind of sliding cover to get to the eject button, and the accessory power must be on to eject and replace the disc.

i get the distinct sense that the '08 gen 5 model may have been different. 3 of us have looked at the reader so far. the sales mgr, and a well-respected heavy duty mechanic. now it's possible, he doesn't do trivial stuff like that and may have been guessing that it's on the screen. i beleive the is has a screen interface. so as i mentioned in another reply, i'll look again but on top. when it get back here, tonight.

thanks

Can you post a pic of your NAV unit? Have you checked the unit yourself, or are you just going on what the mechanic said?

great words! i heard ya and i should've known better. i've rebuilt engines and computers over the yrs, still i let others guide me and never really looked at it myself until just NOW! in their defense they all thought it was where it was but we could not feel that slider. it's on the front just as reported on these boards but very subtle. subtle enough that our manly hands couldn't feel it - nothing like your words and a trusty "ole" led flashlight to truly illuminate the situation. we're straight now; update worked as expected, and it feels good again.

i thank u and everyone else for taking the time and having the patience.