Intermittent Clicking Noise From Air Door Actuator.

RetiredDoc

Wife's car is a 2003 ES300. It has recently developed a random pattern clicking noise from the front passenger side. Changing settings on the climate control system will make the noise go away for a while. Based on what I have been able to find on line, I believe the problem is a bad servo motor for the air door actuator.This is a part only available from the dealer, and I've been told that replacement requires removal of the dash with deactivation of the airbags and evacuation of the A/C system. Labor for the job is estimated as 6 hours. Has anyone else had experience with this problem, and how did you handle it?

Wife's car is a 2003 ES300. It has recently developed a random pattern clicking noise from the front passenger side. Changing settings on the climate control system will make the noise go away for a while. Based on what I have been able to find on line, I believe the problem is a bad servo motor for the air door actuator.This is a part only available from the dealer, and I've been told that replacement requires removal of the dash with deactivation of the airbags and evacuation of the A/C system. Labor for the job is estimated as 6 hours. Has anyone else had experience with this problem, and how did you handle it?

The Rx 330 that started having the servo motor problem...will drive you nuts In my case I had it serviced and told the shop that was working on it to replace the cabin filter and why they were at it if they had any electrical contact cleaner spray and lubricant to give the servo motors a shot...well it seemed to of at least helped. We got rid of the RX shortly after but took a 500 + mile trip in it before and I did not even hear it one time. It could have just been luck but it is worth a try...

Thanks for the advice. I'll buy a new air conditioner filter first, so that I'll have a second reason for pulling down the glove compartment. Does anyone have a picture or drawing of what I can expect to be looking at behind the glove compartment, or a link to one?

Thanks for the advice. I'll buy a new air conditioner filter first, so that I'll have a second reason for pulling down the glove compartment. Does anyone have a picture or drawing of what I can expect to be looking at behind the glove compartment, or a link to one?

Sorry about other post was typing in a hurry. Do a search for this on here I think I have seen an illustration.

Here you go this may help. Not the same car but should give you the general idea. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53999&hl=

Thank you very much!

No problem goog luck...

You can also look at this too...

http://www.lexusownersclub.com/search.php?cx=partner-pub-0521093335491635%3Abe501w6b38z&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Servo+motor+rx&sa=Search