Rx300 Rx330, Rx400 Steering Wheel Remote Working With Aftermarket Ster

alitech

I am looking to upgrade the stock Lexus radio, CD, Cassette player with an aftermarket double din player. Looking at JVC, Pioneer and Kenwood right now with built in sat nav, bluetooth etc. I want the head units to work with the lexus steering wheel controls but have difficulty finding a device or patch through that will make this possible. Has anyone had this done recently? Any advice?

BTW, I have an 2005 RX400h. The one that does not have a Sat nav, reverse camera or bluetooth option, hence the reason for going for an aftermarket all in one soution. I am going to buy this facia to get the double din fitted. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360246911625&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks.

Not going to happen crybaby.gif Too much integration in the wiring. Even aftermarket rear view cameras do not fully integrate with the nav in any lexus. No tool box available... Although some members swear that they have done it.

Not going to happen crybaby.gif Too much integration in the wiring. Even aftermarket rear view cameras do not fully integrate with the nav in any lexus. No tool box available... Although some members swear that they have done it.

Sorry, I dont think you read fully. I DONT have an OEM sat nav in my RX. My version of the rx400h is non nav, non amp. I have a clean slate really. I want to install an all in one kenwood system with sat nav, rear cam, bluetooth, mp3 etc. I have even found the product that will make the steering wheel volume and track buttons to work with the kenwood aftermarket system. I managed to find a few things on google. The only issue that now remains is to retain the function of the DISP button on the steering because that is an essential button. I have read in a few places that if you install an aftermarket radio, you lose the DISP button altogether. I need that as mine is a hybrid.

Thanks.