Power Door Lock - Driver's Side - Will Not Unlock

TDC

Car: 2008 GS350

The driver side electric door lock does not unlock electronically. I can unlock the door manually or with the key, but using the key fab, the door lock switch on both doors, the keyless door handle entry and putting the vehicle in park does not unlock the driver side door. The failure is in unlocking only. The electronic lock function works fine. When I attempt to unlock the door with the key fab, the car beeps several times. Will replacing the actuator fix this problem or could there be other systems that have failed. Thank you for your help!!

TDC

Car: 2008 GS350

The driver side electric door lock does not unlock electronically. I can unlock the door manually or with the key, but using the key fab, the door lock switch on both doors, the keyless door handle entry and putting the vehicle in park does not unlock the driver side door. The failure is in unlocking only. The electronic lock function works fine. When I attempt to unlock the door with the key fab, the car beeps several times. Will replacing the actuator fix this problem or could there be other systems that have failed. Thank you for your help!!

TDC

Good Morning,

If an actuator can move in one direction, it can usually move in two directions, so I wouldn't jump on that solution right away. I looked at the fuse panel layout hoping there might be a separate link just for that side of the door locks. No such luck. You might check your owners manual for a "shift lock" fuse. Not sure but might give you a place to start. Also, think about a wiring short at the door switch. (Probably already thought about this.)

Paul

• 7 months later...

I'm interested in the find-out too.

For me, the keyless entry works if lock the car by pushing the button on the door handle outside. but if I lock the car by pushing the 'lock' button in the car door, I can't open it by pulling the handle .

wonder what would be the problem?

• 2 months later...

My 2008 with 44k miles did the same thing you describe Saturday. I took it to the dealer, and after they witnessed the problem, it started working correctly again? They just said to bring it back if it stops working again. Hmmmmm.

Could be the linkage is binding somewhere, however the lock motor may be weak...Time for new lock motor or some of the $5 piggy back fixes...

• 6 years later...

I have a 2013 ES350 & was told that all 4 of my power door lock actuators went at the same time. My warranty is out by time but not mileage. I'm not paying out $2600 & I believe since this is a safety issue that Lexus should step up & fix this as an act of goodwill. There's obviously faulty parts involved if all 4 went at the same time on a car with 48K miles.

Any thoughts??