Keeping Ls400 And Ls430 Topics/forums Separate

Zett123

My question, and no offense to anyone here in this forum, is there any way to list the LS400 and LS430 topics from each other? In other words, a LS400 forum and LS430 forum, just like the LS460 has its own forum. From what I see in here, these two models are a quantum leap from each other and really have very little if anything in common. It is frustrating to do a search for one and 1,000 post come up for the other. Then have to sift through copious amounts inquiries to find what you are looking for because the two are mixed.

Just a suggestion for the webmaster and leaders of this great Lexus Club.

jz

• 2 weeks later...

Makes a lot of sense, but thats a HUGE undertaking.

The 400 and 430 topics are so intermixed that we would literally have to go through every thread and move it into the proper forum to achieve the kind of searchable database you're looking for. Thats why we spun off a 460 forum when the 460 was new, because we could just start a new forum and didn't have any threads to move.

On top of that you need good moderating staff to deal with the additional forumload...

At this late stage in the game it would take much effort to find and separate the threads.

The next best thing would be an optional field in the search engine to look at the OP's profile car make. Again, probably a lot of work for someone.

Its actually quite easy. Add the 2 separate froums a the top of this section. Don't allow any more thread to be created in this section. Leave the existing threads as they are. In time the combined one will get old enough that it can be archived and Viola!

I've done it on another car forum I helped moderate.

And to be perfectly honest it's the main reason I don't frequent this board as often. Too many inapplicable threads to sift through.

Its actually quite easy. Add the 2 separate froums a the top of this section. Don't allow any more thread to be created in this section. Leave the existing threads as they are. In time the combined one will get old enough that it can be archived and Viola!

I've done it on another car forum I helped moderate.

And to be perfectly honest it's the main reason I don't frequent this board as often. Too many inapplicable threads to sift through.

That doesn't create a searchable database as the OP was looking for though. Also doesn't solve the issue of moderating.