The Best Mod For An 01-05, The Way The Car Should Have Come Stock &#33

OK ,so I bit the bullet and decided to get s sprint booster throttle control module for my 03 GS430 . I have K&N filter HKS exhaust and Tein CS . So nothing to really add power .

Why did I buy it ?

I have hated the throttle control drive by wire system on my 03 from day one. I love my 98 LS400 for its much more direct engine response . As most drivers who have driven both the 98-00 and 01-05 they notice the difference very easily . It makes the 98 feel faster and the 03 sluggish even though it has more power.

Why does it do that ?

the Engineers at Toyota want the car to have good fuel mileage by reducing sprint starts . Also to reduce wheel spin and keep the car more controllable .

Problem is it leads to a lag in the throttle . Meaning for the first 40% of peddle travel the throttle barely opens 10% .

How does this work ?

It modulates the throttle pedal instructions through an algorithm telling the ecu to open the throttle as much as you are pressing not what it thinks is appropriate . So 10% pedal travel is more equal to 10% throttle opening .

It has 3 modes with a colored LED to tell you .

Off -OEM back to stock .

Green -sport ? closer to a 1:1 ratio more control of the peddle

Red -race ? is WOT at 75% .So faster response

How do you install it ?

Anyone can put it in , it is so simple .

I made a video but don't have any video editing software to make the 4 clips one full length .

You unplug the harness to the base of the actual gas pedal , plug the module into the gas peddle and plug the harness into the other side of the module as it sits between the 2.

Then run the led controller to a desired position to adjust which setting you want.

Will it make your car faster ?

YES , a side by side comparison of a car with it and without it and the sprint booster would be well away before the stock one gets going .

This doesn't make sense does it as they even say the power doesn't change ?

Well the top rated power output of your car does not change the ability to use it on tap does ! So this means while the stock car has the peddle buried in the carpet the ecu is only using 60-70% of its power until it gets past 40 .

While the module car is at WOT all the way through.

Wondering how it works ?

You see the switch on the center console you already have ?

Its called snow , normal and power .

It is the same thing except it also controls transmission shift points as well.

If you have the car with the throttle depressed to hold the engine at 2000rpm then move the switch from normal to snow it drops the RPM's , now rev the engine and it is really slow to respond like it is struggling . Now switch it to power and the car is rev happy when you press it .

This module is the same thing but on steroids .

You can still use the button with the module for fine tuning to your preference which is great.

My personal review .

I installed it a month ago and waited to see its effects and it has performed just as expected . I knew what I wanted changed and this did it for me. It is a mod for DRIVERS grannies need not apply. If you feather your gas pedal while under cruising speeds to maintain your speed , you need a driving lesson not this .

How do you know you need this module ?

If your a driver like me who requires the car to be providing as much feedback as possible you would have had the car in 3rd most of the time until you get to a cruising speed as the transmission is never in the right gear and the throttle response is horrendous.

I now can leave the car in O/D and it works perfectly.

I really love driving this car for the first time since I bought it. As before I would have taken my LS400 out any day over this .Now it is a decision which the LS usually still wins since its on air .........

Let the "know it all's" , "wanna bees" and "haters" please line up in an orderly fashion to tell me I don't know what I am talking about . Just be respectful and make sure you are clear in what you are saying by posing a question and supporting facts to your conclusion . this is a discussion not a kindergarten whining session of " i don't like it " and 50 posts of what the hell you are trying to say like my 2 year old .LMAO

OK ,so I bit the bullet and decided to get s sprint booster throttle control module for my 03 GS430 . I have K&N filter HKS exhaust and Tein CS . So nothing to really add power .

Why did I buy it ?

I have hated the throttle control drive by wire system on my 03 from day one. I love my 98 LS400 for its much more direct engine response . As most drivers who have driven both the 98-00 and 01-05 they notice the difference very easily . It makes the 98 feel faster and the 03 sluggish even though it has more power.

Why does it do that ?

the Engineers at Toyota want the car to have good fuel mileage by reducing sprint starts . Also to reduce wheel spin and keep the car more controllable .

Problem is it leads to a lag in the throttle . Meaning for the first 40% of peddle travel the throttle barely opens 10% .

How does this work ?

It modulates the throttle pedal instructions through an algorithm telling the ecu to open the throttle as much as you are pressing not what it thinks is appropriate . So 10% pedal travel is more equal to 10% throttle opening .

It has 3 modes with a colored LED to tell you .

Off -OEM back to stock .

Green -sport ? closer to a 1:1 ratio more control of the peddle

Red -race ? is WOT at 75% .So faster response

How do you install it ?

Anyone can put it in , it is so simple .

I made a video but don't have any video editing software to make the 4 clips one full length .

You unplug the harness to the base of the actual gas pedal , plug the module into the gas peddle and plug the harness into the other side of the module as it sits between the 2.

Then run the led controller to a desired position to adjust which setting you want.

Will it make your car faster ?

YES , a side by side comparison of a car with it and without it and the sprint booster would be well away before the stock one gets going .

This doesn't make sense does it as they even say the power doesn't change ?

Well the top rated power output of your car does not change the ability to use it on tap does ! So this means while the stock car has the peddle buried in the carpet the ecu is only using 60-70% of its power until it gets past 40 .

While the module car is at WOT all the way through.

Wondering how it works ?

You see the switch on the center console you already have ?

Its called snow , normal and power .

It is the same thing except it also controls transmission shift points as well.

If you have the car with the throttle depressed to hold the engine at 2000rpm then move the switch from normal to snow it drops the RPM's , now rev the engine and it is really slow to respond like it is struggling . Now switch it to power and the car is rev happy when you press it .

This module is the same thing but on steroids .

You can still use the button with the module for fine tuning to your preference which is great.

My personal review .

I installed it a month ago and waited to see its effects and it has performed just as expected . I knew what I wanted changed and this did it for me. It is a mod for DRIVERS grannies need not apply. If you feather your gas pedal while under cruising speeds to maintain your speed , you need a driving lesson not this .

How do you know you need this module ?

If your a driver like me who requires the car to be providing as much feedback as possible you would have had the car in 3rd most of the time until you get to a cruising speed as the transmission is never in the right gear and the throttle response is horrendous.

I now can leave the car in O/D and it works perfectly.

I really love driving this car for the first time since I bought it. As before I would have taken my LS400 out any day over this .Now it is a decision which the LS usually still wins since its on air .........

Let the "know it all's" , "wanna bees" and "haters" please line up in an orderly fashion to tell me I don't know what I am talking about . Just be respectful and make sure you are clear in what you are saying by posing a question and supporting facts to your conclusion . this is a discussion not a kindergarten whining session of " i don't like it " and 50 posts of what the hell you are trying to say like my 2 year old .LMAO

where can i get this product and where is the video??

• 5 months later...

Just an update 8 months or so later.

I love driving my GS 430 over my LS 400 when it comes to control .

In the winter with snow it can be a bit touchy and will allow the wheels to slip when you hit the gas hard.

Somehow it has allowed the traction control to roll back atleast 15-30% . So if i give it gas and make a left hand turn it will let the rear kick out a touch which it never did when used in stage 1 , never tried it on stage 2 but with it off , it will make the triple beep before you need to make a steering wheel correction .

Gas milage is just as before after you stop wanting to feel the power all day . My wife has a hard time remembering so she turns it off. As soon as i get off my driveway i am reaching to put it into 3 from D and hit the power switch . Then remember the button and it feels like the world is perfect again .