2003 Gx470 With Nav, But No Disk, Can Someone Help Please?

Bilal

I have read tons of forums n need help I am confused lol I have a 2003 Lexus GX470 with Nav but no disk in it, I dont want to spend $199 on a dvd, I know some people have said burned disks fork. I have a friend who has an 2006 GX, can I burn his disc n it would work? Can someone help me step my step please

I have read tons of forums n need help I am confused lol I have a 2003 Lexus GX470 with Nav but no disk in it, I dont want to spend $199 on a dvd, I know some people have said burned disks fork. I have a friend who has an 2006 GX, can I burn his disc n it would work? Can someone help me step my step please

I think the best thing you could do is check out eBay and you may be able to come across one. Also check your friends 06 make sure that yours is the same generation nav system. You can check on Lexus.com and sorry can't help you out with burning. I think you will have to burn an IMG file and not just copy the disc by the way.

I think the best thing you could do is check out eBay and you may be able to come across one. Also check your friends 06 make sure that yours is the same generation nav system. You can check on Lexus.com and sorry can't help you out with burning. I think you will have to burn an IMG file and not just copy the disc by the way.

I don't know if the 2006 version will fit your 2003. They have what they call "generation" software. I replaced my disk some time time ago and still have the original version disk. You can also try Sewell Lexus Parts( http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ ).

They appear to be selling the old disks that were turned n for up-grades.

Otherwise email me and I might be able to get you on track.

HTH

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

The 2006 is not compatable with the 2003. You will need a Gen 2/3 Disc. Not sure which version I have for the one I took out but you are welcome to it since I have upgraded my 2003. It is just collecting dust and I really dont know what to do with it. Ping me back with your address and I will send it if you would like.