Car Lock Making Click Sound.

tosin-lexus

Hi forum member,

Hi everyone,i noticed an unusual thing on my ES 350,here its goes..Once i get into the car and push the push-button start(with the car in park from previous night). I noticed that once the car starts and i shift the gear from PARK to REVERSE in order to back out from the garage,i hear a LOUD CLICK SOUND from the interior 4 locks(driver and rear) and the unlock.I have a 2007 altima and i never noticed this when i perform the same action.

I bought the car with 9,000 miles on it and i just hate the CLICK SOUND because its too AUDIBLE and annoying.is this a problem or just a PERSONALIZED SETTING from the previous owner?PLS HELP. If its a personalized setting,pls how do i get rid of it.

I think Bearone is right it is just your doors locking when you are putting the car in gear. If you lock the doors when you get in the car then start it up and then put it in reverse does it still do it?

If you can go into the settings not sure if you can or not all you have to do is select off to the lock feature. If you don't have the customized option then you would need the dealer to shut that off for you.

@ bearone: When i get back in the car,start the engine and put it in reverse,the locks still makes the CLICK SOUND,i guess just like you said,its a personalized setting from the previous owner,my headache now is how to get rid of it,UNDO IT.lol am not ready to spend a few hundred quids on this with the dealer,hopefully i get someone here who knows the procedure to get it taken off.

Do you have a settings button? If so hit it and go into the menu and see if you see The personalized settings. If so look for the options regarding locking. Cut them off. Hit save and that should do it.

There are two settings for the auto door lock feature. They will lock when you move the shift lever out of park,or they will lock at a predetermined speed forward. The former is the default which you are in now. Here is how to set up the speed sensitive choice if you choose.

Step 1. Close all the doors and put the ignition in the on mode.(Perform step 2 within 10 seconds.)

Step 2. Shift the shift lever to the N position while holding down the lock button(picture)on the drivers armrest for 5 seconds and then release.

Use the same procedure to cancel the function.

I hope this helps and I hope the lock noise dosen't ruin a great Lexus experience.

Paul