92 Sc400 Newbie Question

BA SINISTER

I just got a 92 sc400 with 150000 on it. i love the car but it seems to have an issue with going over 3500 rpm. It drives great as long as i dont go over 3500 rpm, it dont matter if i put it to the floor or slowly accelerate up to 120 where it seems to hit that 3500 mark and it acts like it is hitting a rev limiter? i got the car at a good price knowing something was a miss but every one i asked has no clue where to begin. plugs and wires are relatively new, fuel filter is too, battery is 2 years old, this is all the info the guy i got it from had, he was frustrated so he sold it cheap to me($500). please help if you can.

hey, i bought my sc400 about 2 years ago and i have never had a problem like that. it runs great and the only things i have done is regular maintenance and i replaced the alternator because i over filled my power steering fluid.... but at all speeds and rpms it is steady, mine easily goes over 120... so if i was you i would start with maybie taking it to a shop and getting the engine checked out...