Rx 350

Lobsterguy

I just recently bought a new 2010 RX 350. I love the design, the features and the way it feels. But a little disappointed in the ride on the highway. A little more road noise than I would have expected from a Lexus (my first one).

Anyone experience anything similar....or any suggestions ?....I test drove one with Dunlop and Michelin tires....no difference.

I just recently bought a new 2010 RX 350. I love the design, the features and the way it feels. But a little disappointed in the ride on the highway. A little more road noise than I would have expected from a Lexus (my first one).

Anyone experience anything similar....or any suggestions ?....I test drove one with Dunlop and Michelin tires....no difference.

Maybe check your air pressure. My rx330 was pretty quiet but for me tires did make a huge difference at least for me. Good luck.

Interesting. I've only had mine for a few weeks but it is quiet and smooth. However, I've had the "opportunity" to have different loaners with different tires. My Michelins are quiet and smooth but I noticed that the Bridgestone Duelers H/L were very rough and louder. It was a very new loaner so that isn't a factor. We thought it was the road but I had been down the same road in my own car.

That's largely a trade off for a vehicle that handles considerably (if not much) better than the previous two generations (I've had all three gens) in that the suspension is firmer. You've used three "car talk" terms. You've mentioned "the way it feels," "the ride," and "road noise." You say you like the way it feels but don't like the ride. To me you sound conflicted. Road noise is largely a function of tires unless you are talking about suspension "bang," or rattles, or wind. Some tires are MUCH better than others in noise production. For example, I know that those two brands don't score well on noise against Continental or General tires.

Its the tires, which brand does yours have? Do you have the 18s or 19s?

For example' date=' I know that those two brands don't score well on noise against Continental or General tires.[/quote']

I don't agree with that statement, at least the Michelin tires. I can think of several Michelin models that are well thought of as some of the quietest tires on the road...but I can't think of any Continental or General tires that are.

The Dunlops I've had have also been very quiet, but short lived.