Wont Start

the-dentist

the other day my car was running fine started up perfectly. it was raining. i came out side to start my car. started up fine drove it 50ft windshild whipers stopped working. parked my car shut it of. went to go start it again wouldnt turn over. no noise no nothin. checked all my fuses everything was fine. someone please help me

Was your car flossing regularly??

You don't mention if engine even turns over when you try to start it. You need to be more descriptive if you want useful help.

If the car doesn't turn over its probably either; battery is dead, connections are loose on battery, or starter motor (solenoid) may be done. If it won't turn over get a jump or put on a trickle charger. Once you get it going you need to find out why battery died or which terminals are loose. You shouldn't be able to wiggle or budge battery connections. Could be a dead alternator or sheared drive belt. Any warning lights on the dash before it went dead?

If car turns over but doesn't start may be ignition is wet as you stated it was raining. Try drying out inside of distributor caps.

No need to schedule a root canal just yet. Its probably something fairly simple.

Do a look-see around the battery for corrosion. Check the connnections and clean them if they look questionable. If the battery is over 3 years old you might replace it. I found that for some reason these cars need a LOT of juice to start. Took the jumper guy at EWR about 20 minutes on the jump juice to start mine one time (left lights on).

Doc, first off, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Secondly, it will help tremendously to provide more and detailed information as curiousB is saying. In your personal profile area, click on "Edit my Profile", then "Change Signature" to include the year and mileage of your LS. That is the first thing most of us want to know when practicing medicine, er, car diagnosis.

Again, welcome to the club!

Was your car flossing regularly??

:censored: I was going to make a dentist joke! :pirate: Good one...

Welcome to the club! :cheers: as stated people here are more than welcome to help and this is a great club...but make sure you provide enough detail.

As far as the car...clean the terminals if they are dirty and get a jump or as said put on a trickle charger. I assume no lights had been left on...it takes no time to drain one of these cars with the lights on... if your battery was dead and it is older put a new one in.