Install Rear Sensors That Work With The Nav System

I want to install rear sensors to my 2006 gs300 that will work with the nav system display. what exact parts are needed? the lexus part site list quite a few and am not sure they are all needed. also are there aftermarket systems that will work with the lexus nav display.

I want to install rear sensors to my 2006 gs300 that will work with the nav system display. what exact parts are needed? the lexus part site list quite a few and am not sure they are all needed. also are there aftermarket systems that will work with the lexus nav display.

Just out of curiosity, does your present nav already include the software to integrate the signal from the sonar sensors so they show up on your screen when activated as that perimeter diagram? Other words, once you get your parts is it just a "plug N' play"?

Paul

Just out of curiosity, does your present nav already include the software to integrate the signal from the sonar sensors so they show up on your screen when activated as that perimeter diagram? Other words, once you get your parts is it just a "plug N' play"?

Paul

I don't know. is there someway I can test for this capability? It would make it easier if the system already had this capability.

Paul

I don't know. is there someway I can test for this capability? It would make it easier if the system already had this capability.

I really don't know of any. My best suggestion is to talk to your dealer, tell them what you want to do and see if they can answer the integration question. Also, you can call Lexus customer service/support (on INTERNET) and they might be able to help as well. Additionally, there is Club Lexus forum, similar to this where you can post your problem. Some one else I imagine will post here eventually who may know a lot more.

Paul

In Europe and other countries, two versions of the dealer installed Lexus Parking Aid (400 and 800), were available for a number of Lexus models. The same part number is indicated for all the models I just looked but I did not see installation instructions specifically for the 3rd generation GS.

You can view installation instructions for the Lexus Parking Aid systems into the current IS, RX and maybe some other models at http://www.lexus-tech.eu/ without registering.