Ls430 Fog Light Removal & Cost

LMS Teacher

Have an 06 LS430 and have the passenger side fog light lens is broken. Dealer wants over $545 for the assembly itself, not including installation. I looked it over from the top and from the bottom and could not figure out how it comes out. What has to be removed to replace it, and can the just front lens be replaced, or is it one whole assembly? Where would one find the housing other than the dealer?

The wheel well liner has to be pealed back enough to remove the foglamp from the back. It's an assembly and the lens is not replaceable -- photo and part number is attached. It probably isn't too difficult if you can handle a screwdriver and socket wrench. You may have to put the front of your car on jack stands and remove the wheel but you might have enough room if you just turn the wheels all the way to the left.

Register with your member name from this forum on http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ and you can get your foglamp for $197.86. Sewell Lexus is very reliable and I have bought parts from them both online and when driving by their dealership by the Dallas airport.

post-2157-128532582941_thumb.jpg

post-2157-128532608881_thumb.jpg

The wheel well liner has to be pealed back enough to remove the foglamp from the back. It's an assembly and the lens is not replaceable -- photo and part number is attached. It probably isn't too difficult if you can handle a screwdriver and socket wrench. You may have to put the front of your car on jack stands and remove the wheel but you might have enough room if you just turn the wheels all the way to the left.

Register with your member name from this forum on http://lexus.sewellparts.com/ and you can get your foglamp for $197.86. Sewell Lexus is very reliable and I have bought parts from them both online and when driving by their dealership by the Dallas airport.

Thanks for the tip, and maybe my wife was wrong about the price. Based on the cost at Sewell, the $500 probably included installation.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip, and maybe my wife was wrong about the price. Based on the cost at Sewell, the $500 probably included installation.

Thanks

Bought the lens and it is on the way. Thanks for the tip.

Bought the lens and it is on the way. Thanks for the tip.

I happened to read the fog light replacement instructions for the LS430 since my last post and it said that it is also necessary to remove the undercover below the fog light in order to replace it. Not sure that is really necessary but you might have to.