2007 Ls460 Battery Replacement

I need a new battery for my 2007 LS460. The aftermarket battery soecs call for a model 24 or model 27. I have tried these batteries at Pep Boys, Sears and Costco and they are all too tall. There is a bracket that goes over the battery and attaches to the back wall. The Bosch batteries at pep Boys are about 1/8 inch too high and the others are much too high. I was hoping to avoid going to the dealer to buy the battery. Has anybody replace a LS460 battery (any year). If so what battery did you get and did you have any problem fitting it in.

• 2 months later...

I've got a replacement Toyota battery from local Toyota. They have the same exact size for about $75. The original Panasonic white batery died 2 years after it was made. So Japanses quality is a questionable thing :-)

I know this is an old thread but I thought I should add that a battery purchased from a Toyota dealer is warrantied only if it is installed in a Toyota brand vehicle - even though Lexus vehicles are manufactured by Toyota Motor Company. You can buy the exact same battery, including a warranty, at a Lexus dealer although it will likely cost a bit more - $109/installed for a 24F battery as of last week at my local Lexus dealership.

Maybe it's a fluke but of the many batteries we have bought for our Toyota and Lexus cars, the Toyota branded batteries have lasted the longest.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I should add that a battery purchased from a Toyota dealer is warrantied only if it is installed in a Toyota brand vehicle - even though Lexus vehicles are manufactured by Toyota Motor Company. You can buy the exact same battery, including a warranty, at a Lexus dealer although it will likely cost a bit more - $109/installed for a 24F battery as of last week at my local Lexus dealership.

Maybe it's a fluke but of the many batteries we have bought for our Toyota and Lexus cars, the Toyota branded batteries have lasted the longest.

This is all true but the full tank fill-up costs just about the same $75. Why would I care about warranty? I also buy all original air filters etc. from Toyota as well.