Rx330 Tow Hitch Motorcycle Carrier?

joe29

Has anyone ever towed a motorcycle using a hitch carrier? The hitch carrier itself is made to withstand the weight of a 600lb motorcycle. Is the hitch?

I have a 2005 RX330 with a OEM hitch that I installed myself. I purchased the hitch from a Lexus dealer.

I have a 1000 mile roadtrip/vacation coming up and it would be nice to take along my 1976 Honda CB750.

Considering this one:

sport-motorcycle-carrier-4.jpg

Thanks.

I did something somewhat similar the 1960s and when I carried a Honda Super 90 motorcycle on a motorcycle rack attached to the bumper of a full size car -- probably before hitch motorcycle racks were available. Bad, bad, bad idea. Too much weight and instability unless you have a fairly heavy duty truck which an RX is not.

Consider buying a small motorcycle trailer for your RX. A friend of mine carried his Harley on a motorcycle trailer behind his similar Toyota Highlander and it worked great.

I believe the RX-330 has a max tongue weight of 267 pounds, which is much less than the weight of a CB750. I second the small trailer suggestion.

No way I would put a bike back there. Make it three for the small trailer.