Cop Drives 126Mph While Texting, Kills Teen Girls

LEXIRX330

This is unbelievable. I saw this on another site...This guy should rot in jail!

Former Illinois State trooper Matt Mitchell was driving at 126 mph on Interstate 64 while emailing/texting his girlfriend on his phone. In his state, he crossed over the median and crashed head-on to another car, killing sisters Kelli and Jessica Uhl and injuring Kelly and Christine Marler, of Fayetteville. Mitchell sustained severe injuries to his leg.

Mitchell was suspended with pay for two years on his $68,000 annual salary. After pleading guilty to criminal charges, Mitchell resigned from the state police. His guilty plea landed him 30 months probation.

Now Mitchell is filing for worker's compensation, which could result in him receiving tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars, which are non-taxable.

Read more

http://www.bnd.com/2010/09/21/1408366/trooper-asks-for-help-with-his.html

WOW... :angry:

So he gets into an accident due to reckless driving, death resulting, and doesn't go to jail?? What kind of system is this?

Even if an officer is on a call, they still aren't allowed to "break any laws" unless they're done "safely". Certainly driving at 126MPH to a call that's already been controlled isn't "safe" practice.

WOW... :angry:

So he gets into an accident due to reckless driving, death resulting, and doesn't go to jail?? What kind of system is this?

Even if an officer is on a call, they still aren't allowed to "break any laws" unless they're done "safely". Certainly driving at 126MPH to a call that's already been controlled isn't "safe" practice.

This guy should be held to a higher standard than others. He is an officer of the law that is supposed to set an example for others. The fact that he has no remorse and is trying to get work comp out of this is absolutely disgusting and he should be ashamed of his self. I would hate to look in the mirror and see what he sees.

that is just messed up!!! i dont see how there isnt a criminal charge in there somewhere... i mean ya it was because he was going to do his job, but he was texting while driving(which is illegal) and that is what caused the crash.... if he had actually paid attention to the road than it wouldnt of happened....

If you have time to text message your girtlfriend when responding to a call, the call obviously isn't that important. Being a cop is about the only immunity to traffic laws still out there.