1992 Lexus Es300 Issue

Brian H

First off I'll go ahead and say that my transmission doesn't shift smoothly going from gear 1 to 2 but it's not that bad. The main issue is when starting off from a standstill. If I ease on the gas and accelerate slowly I am able to get the car up to speed with no issues except for doing it slowly unless of course I'm sitting on some sort of incline. If that is the case when I accelerate it is like the car skips really bad and it gets very little power trying to go up the hill but once I get over the incline I'm able to get it back under control. If on a flat surface it will do the same sort of thing if I don't accelerate slowly until it gets a little speed but not as bad as starting on a incline. The issue is getting progressively worse.

Plugs and wires have been replaced. I picked up a fuel filter that I will put in this weekend and I also picked up some carb cleaner and am going to remove the EGR valve and clean that up. If that doesn't help I guess I'll get some help and check out the vacuum hoses as I know nothing about those. The transmission wouldn't be causing this would it? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

First off I'll go ahead and say that my transmission doesn't shift smoothly going from gear 1 to 2 but it's not that bad. The main issue is when starting off from a standstill. If I ease on the gas and accelerate slowly I am able to get the car up to speed with no issues except for doing it slowly unless of course I'm sitting on some sort of incline. If that is the case when I accelerate it is like the car skips really bad and it gets very little power trying to go up the hill but once I get over the incline I'm able to get it back under control. If on a flat surface it will do the same sort of thing if I don't accelerate slowly until it gets a little speed but not as bad as starting on a incline. The issue is getting progressively worse.

Plugs and wires have been replaced. I picked up a fuel filter that I will put in this weekend and I also picked up some carb cleaner and am going to remove the EGR valve and clean that up. If that doesn't help I guess I'll get some help and check out the vacuum hoses as I know nothing about those. The transmission wouldn't be causing this would it? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

k...really..Im only replying to this because Im trying to raise my rank,but this is the SC region of the forums you want ES