Crazy Bmw!

LEXIRX330

Well I drove the wifeys X5 last weekend which is the kid hauler! :) of course the gas light was on. So I stopped put gas in and while I was filling up I was looking in at my kids when the dumb a s s kid next to me took off and left the freaking pump in his car. He just about yanked the hose off... So any way he gets out if his car and is "like man I can't believe I forgot to put it back man" well anyway topped off got talking to this other gut we are both like what a f--- dumb a-- so I put my gas cap back on but did not tighten it up all of the way. Next day service engine soon light is on. Check everything looks good runs fine so I call BMW play phone tag with the service adv. She finally gets ahold of me and tells me it can take two weeks for the light to cut off by itself once the on board CPU checks out it is OK. She says as long as it seems ok don't worry. Sure enough 5 days go by light turns off by itself. Crazy! I have to say as much as I enjoy driving the BMW I don't know if I would buy another one. My wife on the other hand says that she prefers the Mercedes or BMW to the Lexus mine or the rx330. She also is not a fan of the es350. She said she likes them but she likes the way the BMW and Mercedes drive. I can understand that to a point but the feel of the quality of the Lexus is much better than either. The way things are going she may have a Toyota sienna! :) lol

Well I drove the wifeys X5 last weekend which is the kid hauler! :) of course the gas light was on. So I stopped put gas in and while I was filling up I was looking in at my kids when the dumb a s s kid next to me took off and left the freaking pump in his car. He just about yanked the hose off... So any way he gets out if his car and is "like man I can't believe I forgot to put it back man" well anyway topped off got talking to this other gut we are both like what a f--- dumb a-- so I put my gas cap back on but did not tighten it up all of the way. Next day service engine soon light is on. Check everything looks good runs fine so I call BMW play phone tag with the service adv. She finally gets ahold of me and tells me it can take two weeks for the light to cut off by itself once the on board CPU checks out it is OK. She says as long as it seems ok don't worry. Sure enough 5 days go by light turns off by itself. Crazy! I have to say as much as I enjoy driving the BMW I don't know if I would buy another one. My wife on the other hand says that she prefers the Mercedes or BMW to the Lexus mine or the rx330. She also is not a fan of the es350. She said she likes them but she likes the way the BMW and Mercedes drive. I can understand that to a point but the feel of the quality of the Lexus is much better than either. The way things are going she may have a Toyota sienna! :) lol

Everyone always tells me they think the BMW is a good "Drivers" car, if you like careening around corners and mountain roads, but they like the Lexus for its smooth ride and quite comfort. My wifes car is a 07' S80 Volvo. It was about 8k more than my new 350. But my wife came home the other day from having taken the Lexus for some errands and said she wished her car was as smooth and quiet as mine.

Go figure.

Sadly I've been partially converted to BMW now, but I still love Lexus lol. My 528i is really fun to drive, but I always remember to close the gas cap. On the X5 can you click it as many times as you want (like on Lexus vehicles) or is there only one click and it's shut? Mine's only 1 click. :geek:

Sadly I've been partially converted to BMW now, but I still love Lexus lol. My 528i is really fun to drive, but I always remember to close the gas cap. On the X5 can you click it as many times as you want (like on Lexus vehicles) or is there only one click and it's shut? Mine's only 1 click. :geek:

Yea Dens the BMW is fun to drive wife loves it too. The gas cap I think is one turn and that is it. My Gx is only one turn too. It isn't the gas cap. Went and had the code pulled and it is secondary mass air flow sensor common problem. Taken it in Monday to get fixed and picking up a loaner.

• 3 weeks later...

Well just to update everyone here. It was the 2nd air sensor that went up.

On another note they put me in a 5 series loaner. That thing would roll!!!

E60 LCi 528i? I heard some dealerships have a 535i loaner and some even have 750Li loaners :huh:

Also I didn't realize that my GX and 4Runner are also one click for the gas cap. I think it's my Honda that can do more than one click if you would like

• 2 weeks later...