When Buying A Sc300

Joe_Black

Gent's,

I am a new member here and I needed a bit of info from you experinced members. I was wondering what are some things to lookout for when purchasing a SC300. I am purchasing on in the next week but i want to be sure I am not getting hosed on the whole deal. I am going to hopefully end up adding a turbo the sled shortly after purchase but I am unsure of what common problems to look for and or if after it is a certin milage there are things to look out for. Please get back to me asap!

Thanks in advance.

Joe_Black

Hi Joe. You should be able to find lots of good info by doing a search on buying a SC or something like that. The basic rules hold true. Fortunately, these cars hold up very well. Some things to look out for immediately are the starter (they tend to lose the contacts over time - easy fix), power steering pump leak, water pump, belts in good shape, door hinges and jambs (bare metal indicates poor alignment, rusted means poor alignment for a long time - harder to fix but not a write off, you'll notice most SC's will have this), worn interior items. Stuff that happens over time. Unavoidable really. Just use your best judgement, don't let the desire to have the car overpower your common sense. The right SC in excellent shape while cheaper now than before, will still be a little higher than your run of the mill SC that people seem to be looking for now a days. Check the faq and try a couple searches. If you still have this question, we will give you some more feedback.

AWJ,

Thanks for your response. In the long run which is the best car for it's money a 300 or 400. I heard about the limited performance parts for the 400 but I also heard how powerfull you can make the 300? Please let me know what you think personally. I really want a manual trans because if I bump up the hp I want to drive it like it should be, I really don't feel like spending $3500 on a beefy auto trans.

Thanks