Best Gas Mileage? Post Your Mpg; Brag If Applicable

• 2 weeks later...

• 6 months later...

I just came across this. I used to get about 32-33 highway mostly, I changed my oil to mobil 1 0w30, and was getting about 32 around town! Then some jerk rear ended me. That was my 2007 IS250...now I have a 2008, its the perfect sport/gas saving car I have ever had. I truly believe that the oil can give you better gas mileage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMAG0112.jpg

2007 IS250 RWD

Front 225/40R18 88Y, Rear 255/40R18 95Y Bridgestone Blizzak

61,000 miles

Mobile 1 0W-30

75+ mile highway drive

60 MPH with a 5-10 knot tailwind

40.1 MPG

Just to make sure...your tank shows full. So it appears that you took the picture right after you filled it up and drove a few miles while it is calibrating the mileage.

It often starts out high and as you run through the tank, it "averages" out to somewhere 26-28mph.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to make sure...your tank shows full. So it appears that you took the picture right after you filled it up and drove a few miles while it is calibrating the mileage.

It often starts out high and as you run through the tank, it "averages" out to somewhere 26-28mph.

My tank gauge may show full, but it simply had not come off the peg after a topped-off fill up. That stands to reason, since, after a 77 mile drive, it had used fewer than two gallons.

That trip meter was reset at the fill up. That tank average was for the tank that started full 77.4 miles prior to my taking that photo.

I filled up here: 2801 Lindbergh Boulevard, Springfield, IL 62704-6535 (Huck's Convenient Food Store)

I took the photo as I drove past here (on the highway): 401 River Rd, East Peoria, IL 61611 (Walmart Supercenter)

I invite you to Google Maps the distance between the locations.

In this car, I have constructed the following approximate "no wind" MPG matrix, using long highway drives of at least an hour's duration:

80 MPH - 30 MPG

75 MPH - 32 MPG

70 MPH - 34 MPG

65 MPH - 36 MPG

60 MPH - 38 MPG

55 MPH - 41 MPG

That's not an honest post there, I've gotten 60mpg after a fill up when coasting down hill from the gas station!

I ask, "What evidence do you have to call my post a lie?"

I invite you to devise any test you like, including visiting and riding with me, anytime, to verify my claims. I live in Peoria, IL.

If you are not willing to back up your skepticism with any sort of scientifically provable methodology, I suggest you keep your accusations of my dishonesty to yourself until such time as you can get some evidence.

Now it's a thread on honesty, not that I give a flying f.

I find the IS350 to be plenty economical, not needing the dulled driving experience of Prius/Insight hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...

With nearly 13,000 miles on my 2010 IS 250 C, I've averaged a carefully measured 28.2 Miles per U.S. Gallon (33.9 Miles per Imperial Gallon: 8.4 L per 100 km. A lot of this was freeway trips with many rural drives and a few months of Sarasota, FL traffic. Driving at 60 mph gives about 33 Miles per U.S. Gallon and city driving averages in the low 20's.

• 2 weeks later...

smile.gif I get 19 mpg when I drive the way I want to. (which is most of the time.)

But when I'm a good boy and drive within the law, I average around 26.

• 2 weeks later...

My gas mileage on the Lexus IS350 is certainly very good considering the performance capabilities, but nothing to brag about (22 to 23 mpg average over last 2 years, mostly suburban driving).

But I drove a current gen Prius for a week and it's not a substitute for an IS350.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was getting 32 mpg, and then I took the car in for rear brakes and new tires, and put in synthetic oil, and all I get is 28 mpg if I'm lucky. I'm coming up on 60k miles now. Any thoughts as to why the mileage would go down? Even after another oil change back to whatever the dealer puts in (I don't think it's synthetic), it's still lower mpgs.......

I get around 17MPG around town the last time I checked but that is probably my fault. If I have a V-8, I'm using it. On the highway, I speed so I'll call around 24 good. I'm pretty sure that if I drove reasonably and didn't try to waste gas, I could up the highway to maybe 27 or 28 and the town to 20. Don't wait around waiting for a report on that though. Nobody buys a Lexus for gas milage.

• 3 months later...

Not even 900 miles on the car (got it less than a month ago), car saids 20 mpg. Calculations from my phone's calculator saids 19.85.

IS350 w/ F-Sport package. I seriously hope the mpg can get better than that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello, I dont know about the tank avg but for me when i refuel the car the estimated tank / km goes up to 580 km when im on high ways and down to 490 - 500 when ever im speeding or in town.