Rx 300 2000 Timing Belt

PETER606

ANY DETAILS ON REPLACINMG THE TIMING BELT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP ,GOING TO DO IT TO MORROW ,

THANKS

PETER

Go to the following website:

http://www.box.net/shared/o55c5697lt

Choose the document titled "Engine Mechanical (EM) file.pdf" This will give you step-by-step instructions. You might also find some useful information at the following site:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52026

Popular opinion says to replace the water pump since this would be a duplication of labor. Good luck!

I 2nd the recommendation to replace the water pump while you're that far in. I had the dealer do mine but it was hard to argue with his logic to replace it at the age and mileage I had on my 2000 RX300. Also check the front camshaft bearing while you're there too. If it happens to be seeping a bit it will only get worse and the cost to replace is negligible since you're already there.

How many miles your car has??

A good friend of mine is a mechanic and he once told me that you don't need to replace your timing belt until your water pump goes out. He was talking about Toyota and Lexus in general.

How many miles your car has??

A good friend of mine is a mechanic and he once told me that you don't need to replace your timing belt until your water pump goes out. He was talking about Toyota and Lexus in general.

I agree with your friend. Toyota/Lexus builds their cars with some of the best quality pars I have ever seen put into a car. Course I would probably change the belt by 250k mi. even if the water pump hasn't gone out by then, which it probably won't have. It is also one of the most finely engineered and built W/P's I have ever seen. (I cut it apart with a cut-off blade and die grinder after I replaced it and it absolutely looked brand new at 97K mi. !!!) The timing belt also looked almost new at 97K ! No, I have NO connection with T/L, just appreciate quality when I see it!