Replacing My Mark Levinson Nav Screen For A New Audio Interace

Mohan3

What's up everyone. I'm looking for some advice.

I have a 2004 ES 330 with the Mark Levinson audio system and in-dash navigation. My navigation screen is damaged, and I'm thinking about taking it out and installing a new non-Lexus audio interface, i.e. Alpine, Pioneer. I want to continue to use my Mark Levinson speakers. As for the navigation, I'll buy a separate Garmin or Magellan unit.

Do you guys have any suggestions on the audio system? Do you anticipate any compatibility/installation issues? Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated.

What's up everyone. I'm looking for some advice.

I have a 2004 ES 330 with the Mark Levinson audio system and in-dash navigation. My navigation screen is damaged, and I'm thinking about taking it out and installing a new non-Lexus audio interface, i.e. Alpine, Pioneer. I want to continue to use my Mark Levinson speakers. As for the navigation, I'll buy a separate Garmin or Magellan unit.

Do you guys have any suggestions on the audio system? Do you anticipate any compatibility/installation issues? Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated.

For reference, I'm leaning toward this one: http://www.crutchfield.com/s_1307200HD/Pioneer-DEH-P7200HD.html?tp=5684

The only comment I would make is your 2004 is still a good car and is very popular on the used car market depending on mileage. Given the profile of the average Lexus customer, they would be looking for a install as close to factory as possible. Replace the nav,if you put in a diffrent unit, make it look as close as OEM as possible. The ML speakers may have custom tuned crossovers that would have to be matched to any built in crossover in a new amp or head unit. Ultimately, replace with all factory equipment. Protect your invesment.

Paul