Looking For 2000 Ls400 Strut Recommendations

sar127

To begin with, I know very little about cars, and even less about luxury ones. So what happened is I just recently put on some KYB GR-2s on my 2000 LS400, and its rides so hard that I can feel every crack in the road like a sports car, which I don't like. I'm looking to restore that great Lexus ride.

Basically I'm just here asking for other recommendations before I just go ahead and buy a set from the dealer. What's Lexus' OEM anyways?

BTW I did try to search for this topic first, but if I am reposting, I apologize, and I hope you won't mind just directing me to the right place.

Thanks for your help.

I have a 1996 LS400 and I also made the mistake of replacing my original struts with the KYB GR-2 strut. The ride is hard as well as bouncy.

I have been researching the Strutmasters and Arnott conversion kits. Basically, you would be replacing the strut as well as the spring. Although the price is not bad (these companies sell their product on E-bay for less), I have yet to confirm the ride quality (do these kits produce the Lexus 'smooth' ride).

If anyone has any feedback regarding this issue, I would greatly appreciate it if you can share with us.

FYI - KYB makes oem struts for Lexus. Unfortunately it is not the GR-2.