Lx470 Hid Lights Problem " Pictures Included "

Abu Fahad

Hi everyone,

I just bought a certified 2007 LX470, and got an HID kit installed by a professional. But he just installed the HIDs without any modifications to Headlights, neither projectors. The problem is that the output of the headlight, low beam, is so funny which are consists of three circles instead of one straight beam!

Here is a link to all pictures:

http://cid-cc27eb6a0971446b.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=CC27EB6A0971446B!280&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

Another problem I noticed is that the light is vibrating a little bit. And is noticeable, it is like the light is is not having enough power to keep it steady on.

Please if anyone have experienced the same problem, let me know if it is a problem or it is originally like that?

Also, do I have to have a special HID projector, or is it OK to use the original manufacturer projectors ?

Thank you in advance!

The factory projectors are designed for a specific halogen bulb, and you now have in a specific xenon bulb.

The focal points aren't matching up. The filament in halogen bulbs is not in the same place as the illuminating gas chamber in an HID bulb, therefore the projector won't send light in the correct spot.

As for the vibrating... the bulbs probably aren't seated correctly. Most likely since the factory projectors aren't made for HID converted bulbs.

The factory projectors are designed for a specific halogen bulb, and you now have in a specific xenon bulb.

The focal points aren't matching up. The filament in halogen bulbs is not in the same place as the illuminating gas chamber in an HID bulb, therefore the projector won't send light in the correct spot.

As for the vibrating... the bulbs probably aren't seated correctly. Most likely since the factory projectors aren't made for HID converted bulbs.

I see, I will contact the HID manufacturer about that.

Thanks for the reply,

And btw, if anyone here is expert in installation to fix my problem & near to Chester PA, please contact me at pm.