P0141

Bedore

Greetings all,

I recently had the check engine light come on with the code P0141. This indicated a heater malfunction in Bank 1 Sensor 2. This would be the post catalyst sensor. I plan to measure resitances in the heater circuit. I also unplugged the sensor and plugged it back in, just to make sure there wasn't a contact problem. If the o2 sensor turns out to be no good, I do plan to replace it. Here is my issue.

I have a few new O2 sensors kicking around. I do have a couple universals. I noticed the color code on the ES300 sensor was 2 blacks, a white, and a blue wire. The universal o2 has two whites, a black, and a gray wire. Obviously these colors don't match up but I was wondering if anyone here has sucessfully installed a universal O2 in place of a factory O2 sensor, and if so what colors are the correct ones to match up? At this time I am thinking it's probably not possible, but just in case I wanted to be very sure it was not possible before I shell out the money on an OEM O2 sensor. If I have to I have to, and I understand that OEM is the way to go, but i'd still like to be 100% sure, so any replies are very welcome.

I was not sure, so i looked it up on a few toyota forums. people were saying "no" it wont work, or you'll need to replace it in less than a few months even if by accident it did work or something.

They all were posting stay OEM.

When I did mine i just replaced it with oem because some of the other ones had different thread depth. didnt want the hassle.

Good luck i guess whichever you choose to install. hope it works lol.