Lost Key!

Hi. I have a 2009 Lexus IS250 AWD. Apparently, I lost my keys today. I must have misplaced it somewhere, or it dropped out of my coat pocket. I was wondering what the best course of action would be.

I was given two sets of keys. Can the dealer remove the lost set from the car system so it will only work with the set of keys that I still have? Or do have to get two new sets of keys? How much do you think this will cost me? And how long will my car be at the dealership? I heard it cost like $600 and they have to replace the computer. Any help would be great thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I might be late to this, but...

I would call the dealership and ask them how much for reprogramming and a replacement key...that's the best way to find out. Also, I would recommend removing your garage door opener code from the car, in case you park outside or something...someone could use the key they find to get into your car and then into your garage/home. Might sound paranoid, but why risk it?