Interrmitant Warning Light

stroker

Good morning all... I have a new warning light on my dash. Its the brake light with the Exclamation point in it. It only comes on if I really accelerate fast from a stop and by the time I level off the gas pedal it goes out. No idea what causes it, brakes are fine and the e-brake is never on.. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Bobby

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with my brake light coming on and the brake fluid reservoir is on full and looks clean. Any other ideas on what to check would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

I am having the same problem with my brake light coming on and the brake fluid reservoir is on full and looks clean. Any other ideas on what to check would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

just try to top it of whit brake fluid up to max,if consistant it might be a problem whit your emergency brakes..

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks,

Paul

just try to top it of whit brake fluid up to max,if consistant it might be a problem whit your emergency brakes..

The rear pads/rotors were completely worn and the emergency brake pads were also worn and the cable was seized. All the pads,rotors, and cable were replaced and the brake fluid topped up. The brake light has not come on since. What a difference in the braking too! Thanks for the tip.

The rear pads/rotors were completely worn and the emergency brake pads were also worn and the cable was seized. All the pads,rotors, and cable were replaced and the brake fluid topped up. The brake light has not come on since. What a difference in the braking too! Thanks for the tip.

Paul, glad to hear that you got her fixed. Thanks for following-up with the solution to your issue. :cheers: