Third Party Gps Devices & Mounts

topianno

Hello,

I have a 2010 Lexus RX350 with no navigation system. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience mounting a third party GPS system in the 2010 Lexus RX350?

I'd like to mount a third party GPS device, but I don't want a mount that is going to make my car look ugly.

I've noticed a few mounting applications out there, but wondered if anyone had any experience.

Thanks ahead of time!

-Gabe

• Like 1

Check out brackets from Pro.Fit and other bracket companies. There are a variety of adapters to make almost any GPS fit a bracket and to position it like you want. Photos and install information for the Magellan in my LS and Garmin in our Camry are in my gallery: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2157&tab=gallery

Even if a bracket is not listed for your specific model and year doesn't mean it won't fit. The main benefits of using a bracket is to get the GPS off the windshield where it is hard to reach and where sunlight can wash out the display. It won't look as good as OEM in-dash but it sure is handy.

Hello,

I have a 2010 Lexus RX350 with no navigation system. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience mounting a third party GPS system in the 2010 Lexus RX350?

I'd like to mount a third party GPS device, but I don't want a mount that is going to make my car look ugly.

I've noticed a few mounting applications out there, but wondered if anyone had any experience.

Thanks ahead of time!

-Gabe

Here the way I mounted it. The speed indicator is half masked beyond the speed limit, but anyway the GPS gives the real speed.The tank indicator partially hidden but I have this information available on the computer display.

Hello,

Thanks ahead of time!

-Gabe

post-110554-128472645742_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up purchasing the ProClip and installing it in my 2010 Lexus RX 350. I think it looks really nice. It is the nicest, most obscure after market mount I've seen out there for the Lexus.

Attached are a few photos if anyone is interested.

post-116487-128571288272_thumb.jpg

post-116487-128571289703_thumb.jpg

• Like 1