2003 Gx 470 Vsc Off As Well As No Power Door Locks Or Map Light Withou

Duramax

So yesterday I was on my way home and noticed the VSC OFF light on my dash. When I got home, I realized my power door locks didn't work. Then realized that nothing electrical works without the key in the ignition. Every time I turn it off, it resets the clock, and climate. The map light doesn't work without the key in, or the power door lock. I also have to hold the power window button until the window goes all the way down. The auto window button, as well as the power mirrors doesn't work. Sun roof does work. It is all very odd since the truck drives fine, but this is very annoying and I assume it all ties back to one thing.

Battery is about a month old and the truck starts right up, so the battery is fine.

I've googled this issue and I'm not alone, but can't find an answer to what it might be.

So yesterday I was on my way home and noticed the VSC OFF light on my dash. When I got home, I realized my power door locks didn't work. Then realized that nothing electrical works without the key in the ignition. Every time I turn it off, it resets the clock, and climate. The map light doesn't work without the key in, or the power door lock. I also have to hold the power window button until the window goes all the way down. The auto window button, as well as the power mirrors doesn't work. Sun roof does work. It is all very odd since the truck drives fine, but this is very annoying and I assume it all ties back to one thing.

Battery is about a month old and the truck starts right up, so the battery is fine.

I've googled this issue and I'm not alone, but can't find an answer to what it might be.

When you changed the battery you probably disturbed the memory settings in the computer. Try looking through the owner's manual. I believe there is a section on resetting the memory functions.

Here is an excerpt from an online manual I've got.

The moon roof may not operate automatically and the jam

protection function will not function correctly after you

reconnect, replace or recharge the battery. In any of these

cases, you should normalize the moon roof.

To normalize the moon roof, push and hold the switch on the

“TILT UP” side until the moon roof tilts all the way up and then

tilts down a little automatically

The power windows may not operate automatically and the jam

protection function will not function correctly after you

reconnect, replace or recharge the battery. At this time, the

indicator lights of the switches will flash. In any of these cases,

you should normalize the power windows.

To normalize the power windows:

1. Push down the power window switches of each door and

lower the windows halfway.

2. Pull up the switches until the windows close and hold the

switches for a second.

Make sure that the windows open and close automatically. If

the power windows cannot be operated properly, have it

checked by your Lexus dealer.

HTH

Pete

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if this problem was ever resolved? I have an 04 GX with the same exact issues. Windows and locks only work when the key is in the run position. Front display for the NAV system is blank only has a grey screen, but radio and climate controls work fine.

Body or sub-body control ECU issue?