Toyota Dealer Or Lexus Dealer?

sublexusgrl

i have a few things i need worked on on my used Lexus i just bought, and i need to figure out which dealer to take it to. Will i get cheaper but just as good work at the Toyota dealer? i only have 2 Lexus dealer's around town and i am not excatly sure of the "rep" of either of them. i don't need major repairs, just some help with a few items (getting a proper key, getting an auto opener remote control doo dad, someone to fix the cigarette lighter), it will really be some help/customer service more than i need actual repair this time.

Also just curious if you take it to toyota will they update the lexus website under the service history of my VIN?

Thanks!

jen

Don't forget about independent repair shops. The one I've used for the past 14 years here in the Kansas City area is head and shoulders above the two local Lexus dealer locations. Both the owner and his primary mechanic were formerly employed by the Lexus dealer. What part of Missouri?

Don't forget about independent repair shops. The one I've used for the past 14 years here in the Kansas City area is head and shoulders above the two local Lexus dealer locations. Both the owner and his primary mechanic were formerly employed by the Lexus dealer. What part of Missouri?

St. Louis :)

St. Louis :)

I can't help you with a shop in St. Louis but you might ask around to see where others are taking their Lexus cars for service. See another Lexus at a gas station? -- ask where he/she has their car serviced.