Replacing Struts, Strut Mounts, Strut Bearings And Bushings?

diverchris

Hello,

I have a 2005 RX330, AWD without air suspension with 130 000 km(81k miles) on it. I had my tires rotated today and was informed by the technician that I needed to replace:

4 struts and strut mounts

strut bearings

bushings

With 130 000km I can see that this probably needs to be done. But I'm not sure if I should replace the struts and mounts with Monroe Sensa Tracks, KYB or any other suggestions. Monroe Sensa Tracks come with a limited life time warranty. I could not locate any warranty info on KYB.

So I'm looking for suggestions and recommendations on struts, mounts, bearings and bushings. For bushings any experiences with urethane?

Finally, for replacing all of the struts, mounts, bearings, bushings and 4 wheel alignment how many hours of labour should I be looking to pay as DIY is not an option.

Thanks in advance

Does your vehicle travel rough roads a lot? Are there any noises related to the struts? Are any of the struts leaking oil? If the answer is no to all 3 questions, the struts may have some miles left in them. Can you get a 2nd opinion from a mechanic not intent on selling parts?

Tom

Hi driverchris,

I have an 05 RX330 AWD in Australia that just may need the same replacement parts as yours. It has 123k on the clock (73k miles) and has trouble with wandering steering. Do you have any symptoms that would otherwise tell you that these parts require replacement??

Hi driverchris,

I have an 05 RX330 AWD in Australia that just may need the same replacement parts as yours. It has 123k on the clock (73k miles) and has trouble with wandering steering. Do you have any symptoms that would otherwise tell you that these parts require replacement??

Thanks for response. I'm not having any driving, braking or nose-dive issues. I think Goodyear is trying to get more money out of me as I made a warranty claim over tires and I got new ones.