93 Sc400 Suddenly Bogged Down, With Loss Of Power.

Clayface

Hello,

This is my first post. I was driving my 93 SC400 last night and while entering a highway, the car had a very sudden loss of power and bogged down. I had to gingerly raise the excelleration to highway speeds and barely made it home. There was a smell of a combination of rubber burning and anti-freez. I started the car today and it is running rough, sounds like it's not running on all cylinders. I always do my schedualed oil changes and only run Super Unleaded gasoline. Any one have any ideas of what it could be? I checked to see if the serpantine belt was smoking, but did not see anything visually wrong while the motor was running today. I found it odd that it was running absolutely perfect one instant and then horrible in another. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my only vehicle. Thank you.

Hello,

This is my first post. I was driving my 93 SC400 last night and while entering a highway, the car had a very sudden loss of power and bogged down. I had to gingerly raise the excelleration to highway speeds and barely made it home. There was a smell of a combination of rubber burning and anti-freez. I started the car today and it is running rough, sounds like it's not running on all cylinders. I always do my schedualed oil changes and only run Super Unleaded gasoline. Any one have any ideas of what it could be? I checked to see if the serpantine belt was smoking, but did not see anything visually wrong while the motor was running today. I found it odd that it was running absolutely perfect one instant and then horrible in another. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my only vehicle. Thank you.

I talked to my brother and he seems to think it might be either the throttle position sensor, or the fuel filter, but it doesn't explain the smoke and rubber smell coming from the engine. Any ideas?