Ls400 Ucf11 Rear Upper Ball Joint Replacement. Answers Please.

bazgtr

UCF11 Rear upper ball joint replacement options.

Is there a direct replacement ball joint that is available for this part in the US?

Tried ebay and google and only found front ball joints listed anywhere but someone must have replaced this item at some point in the cars life.

Anybody know of another car model that fits like a Toyota model or another Lexus model.

If anybody knows of a US store that sells them then feel free to let me know.

UK prices are nearly the cost of the car for a pair of main dealer ones.

wish I could help but I didn't even know the back had ball joints. Maybe you could describe the symptoms and it would help people relate.

Yes they have them attached to the suspension arm on top that looks like a big Y shape.

Symptoms = That's easy as the joint is sitting on my desk knacked.

With play in this part the car won't feel soild while cornering at speed as the rear suspension moves around effecting the wheel postion due to the play. Gets worse while cornering under load with the more play you have. I know the bushes are fine as got poly bushes all round.

Lexus sells the entire upper control arm with ball joint, I have not found anyone aftermarket who sells just the ball joint.

You may also want to check your axle carrier bushings while you're out back, the rear most ones, these are known to wear (mine are toast) and are available aftermarket without buying everything.

Lexus sells the entire upper control arm with ball joint, I have not found anyone aftermarket who sells just the ball joint.

You may also want to check your axle carrier bushings while you're out back, the rear most ones, these are known to wear (mine are toast) and are available aftermarket without buying everything.

Mine are toast aswell as sitting on my desk. Just can't anyone who's matched them up to another Lexus model or early toyota model like hilux.

The truth is Toyota(Car Manufacturer's) don't make ball joints just for one model as it's not cost effective and always end up using that part off another model, Just comes with different part number.

Looks like I'm forced into buying top dealer price for some new ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else got any idea on what other model these ball joints are off or ay other supllier?

Anyone friendly with someone in a Lexus dealership in the US who could cross reference the part with another Lexus model. Jusy don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks.

That's the problem, there is no part number for the ball joint since it's not sold separately, so you can't go look it up and cross reference it to another one. A lot of manufacturers do share parts between models, but not all the time. My Nissan 240SX (1997) front ball joints look identical to the earlier 1989-1994 models, but the taper is just a hair different enough to not fit right in the spindle and have 'slack', I'm sure there is a Toyota ball joint from another vehicle that's close enough to work but if they don't sell it separately either you're out of luck.

Lexus describe the part as "Arm Assy Upper Control Rear" Part # 48790-50010 (LH) and 48770-50010 (RH). Part #s based on a 1994 LS400 US Specification.

Like the front upper control arms the ball joint is not replaceable separately and the whole arm assy is needed.

That's the problem, there is no part number for the ball joint since it's not sold separately, so you can't go look it up and cross reference it to another one. A lot of manufacturers do share parts between models, but not all the time. My Nissan 240SX (1997) front ball joints look identical to the earlier 1989-1994 models, but the taper is just a hair different enough to not fit right in the spindle and have 'slack', I'm sure there is a Toyota ball joint from another vehicle that's close enough to work but if they don't sell it separately either you're out of luck.

Good answer thanks for trying and replying.

Steve with the front upper ball joints you can buy them in singles from a SUV parts supplier in the USA for 30dollars each.

Just don't ask me the name of the firm as it was like on page 23 of a google search but someone on hear might have found them. I can remember they had a brightly coloured website with a truck in each of the top corners. They also done a lot of modifying on their website as showing some trucks with super charger fitted along with chrome and coloured hoses etc. I think it was the only part they listed on thier website for the Lexus so they found out there was a cross over on a part.