Part Help

g-man-71

Hello,

I was testing out an XM Skydock on my wife's 2006 Lexus RX 330, and when I tried to pull it out, it pulled the whole 12v/lighter assembly out, snapping one of the three prongs on the black ABS plastic bezel that surrounds the "Stay" and "Element" parts of the lighter. I've looked up and down the web for a replacement for this plastic ring (Part number: 55477-48040) with 0 luck. I have no Lexus dealer in my town, so went online to research. I see Toyota shows the '06 Highlander has a similar (if not the same) bezel numbered 55477-48020 for $7 and change, but was dismayed after calling Sewell Lexus (Fort Worth, Texas) to find that they don't show the part number at all, but believe the plastic ring is sold only as a part of the $250+ wood trim panel it sits in. This is a bit extreme, from my perspective, seeing the $7-some-odd part isn't integral to the panel and easily snaps in and out. I really need a hand here locating this part. Can anyone here provide some guidance or offer a lead?

I've included photos for reference.

Thanks,

g-man-71

post-120668-128442118139_thumb.jpg

post-120668-12844212231_thumb.jpg

post-120668-128442124495_thumb.jpg

Can't you just hot-glue (or epoxy) everything back in place? :huh:

That's what i would do (and have done). :whistles:

I agree! ...but my wife doesn't, and it's her car. Also, the XM Skydock's a REAL tight fit and I'm not confindent ANY glue would hold when removing it for secure storage.

g-man-71

Hmm, i can't find that part on any of the lexus parts schematics either; it's either sold with the wood panel (like you said) or it comes with part 15 (see pic) and is just not pictured correctly.

14jrof9.jpg

Well maybe i can help. I while back i purchased a spare console piece (i thought i needed it for a project) but i have no use for the part you need, so you can have it. You don't need to pay me, just PM me your address and i'll send it USPS. From one Lexus owner to another!

Here are some pics:

win9c7.jpg

aeb120.jpg

9fwnwh.jpg

212ifz4.jpg

wiv5ud.jpg

Either PM me or e-mail me (cduluk@cox.net) if you're interested. Since you only have 2 posts on the forum the PM feature might be blocked, if so just e-mail. The console piece i have was from... i think an 04 Rx330, and the condition is near perfect (no scratches on front piece).

Sir/Ma'am,

I appreciate your comprehensive response! One of the first things I did was to order part #15 ($25 after shipping) but, to my dismay, the bezel's not included. Part #15 actually slides through and is what secures Part #15 to the actual panel. The bezel's only sold as part of the $250+ wood panel. Fortunately, the bezel pops right off the lighter assembly you showed in your pictures with a little bit of precision prying. I'll e-mail you to discuss further. Thanks again for the comprehensive reply. That was very helpful.

g-man-71