New To The Forum - Looking To Buy 06 Gs300/ 07 Gs350.. Help!

rudeboim3

Hi,

I'm in the market for a Lexus GS and was looking at the current body style models 06+. I'm confused whether to pay an extra $5k and get a 07 GS350 AWD, or settle for an 06 GS300 AWD. Looking to find one around 50k miles, but not over 70k. Price range is around $20k.

I am new to the forum and new to Lexus, so please advise what model/year is the best recommended, common issues/recalls with these cars, what other features to look out for etc... is AWD really worth it? Any favorite colors?

Thanks!

Well, the 350 is a little faster, and in your case, a year newer. Personally i would go with the GS350 only because it's remained pretty much the same to the 2010, and they don't seem to have many issues. No a lot of info on the 06 Gs300 though...

And yes, definitely go with the AWD if you're planning on driving in the snow at some point. The RWD GS is TERRIBLE from what i hear. :wacko:

Well, the 350 is a little faster, and in your case, a year newer. Personally i would go with the GS350 only because it's remained pretty much the same to the 2010, and they don't seem to have many issues. No a lot of info on the 06 Gs300 though...

And yes, definitely go with the AWD if you're planning on driving in the snow at some point. The RWD GS is TERRIBLE from what i hear. :wacko:

Thanks for the quick and honest opinion. At least now I have a start. I need to research more on this car for common issues etc before jumping into it.